Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Hospital Beds and soldiers  (Read 2692 times)

DeusRich

Hospital Beds and soldiers
« on: 26 Aug 2002, 10:40:21 »
I was wondering it it was possible to put soldiers into a hospital, like it would be lots of tents, mayb two beds each, and they would be lying down face up, some would be sitting up etc, hoever, I can find a way t move them into position as the positions are quite limited, so I was wondering if anyone knew how to make a soldier unconcious, or at least dead without being sprawled, because it is quite a big part of my mission (walk in hospital, get info) so anyhoo, if anyone knows how, please reply, or if you know that its impossible, please reply :D

Sphinx

Re:Hospital Beds and soldiers
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2002, 11:30:08 »
Well if I know correctly.. it is... possible.. But probably impossible for us.. You would either need new animations. For the characters or have them dead with no blood... Who knows.. Ive been hearing that oxygen is being released.. ANd with that you can create your own animation of a soldier lying down.. maybe kinda moving around from pain or sort... Well hope i was of help... Also with Oxygen you could probably make some hospital beds too :D

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2002, 12:33:22 »
you cant make your own animations with oxygen...

if you have ever sat in the m113 ambulance then fill it with 4 peeps - 1 will lie on the bed - dont know what that animation is called but its in the command reference somewhere.

:thumbsup:
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

T.S.C.Plage

« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2002, 14:06:44 »
True...MTY's "Medivac Huey" also uses this animation.

Can't find the command but it has to be something with "LyingTo...".

Plage

Offline Gastovski

• Members
  • #loop; Gastovski setdammage 0; ~0.01; goto "loop";
    • Falklands Mod
« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2002, 16:33:39 »
Why not DEPBO the medevac and look in the config.cpp file for a animation...

Marksman

« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2002, 20:16:36 »
Here you go, got it from MTY's Medivac Huey as suggested by Plage and Gastovski.

cargoAction[]={"ManActM113Injured","ManActCargo"};

So to get this to work, would you just use playmove or switchmove and then the "ManActM113Injured" action??

Cheers

Marksman

DeusRich

« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2002, 00:22:29 »
i tried the syntax:

this switchmove "ManActM113Injured"

and it didnt seem to do anything, maybe it is like the chair x, where it has to be over a certain unit or thing? Or can you do any action anywhere practically? Anyway, it didnt work, I may try random actions from the stringtable....

If anybody knows how, please say...

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2002, 00:55:08 »
nope - thats a vehicle animation - not a player animation - you need to find the version you can apply to a player (command reference)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Quicksilver

« Reply #8 on: 27 Aug 2002, 03:59:58 »
i think the animation you're looking for is LyingToTreatedLying

-Quicksilver

T.S.C.Plage

« Reply #9 on: 27 Aug 2002, 05:12:11 »
Think Quicksilver is right! 8)

DeusRich

« Reply #10 on: 27 Aug 2002, 16:46:13 »
I didnt get it to work, I cant get any to work, I have resistance, maybe there is a different command, Il look into it...

DeusRich

« Reply #11 on: 27 Aug 2002, 16:57:06 »
ah, for some reason, maybe a bug, it doesn't work in init field, must be a trigger, but I did try it, and it worked, though its not quite the right animation, I want them sort of facing up...

Ive got a good command, but I was wondering if you could change their vector - so they are on their back. The command is FXangel which makes them go rigid and with their arms by their side - i might be able to add a face animation to close their eyes so they dont look like mummies, neway, its quite funny because they dont do anything else so they are like skittles, and fall over if you drive into them, is that normal practice or do i have a sick mind?  ;D
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2002, 17:19:10 by DeusRich »

Offline Gastovski

• Members
  • #loop; Gastovski setdammage 0; ~0.01; goto "loop";
    • Falklands Mod
« Reply #12 on: 28 Aug 2002, 00:48:49 »
Urm well lets put it like this... IVE NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF PUTTING A POOR LITTLE SOLDIER IN FXANGEL AND DRIVING INTO HIM...

Code: [Select]
DeusRich disableuserinput true
#start
DeusRich switchmove "FXAngel"
Gastovski dorunover DeusRich
~3
DeusRich setdammage 0
goto "start"
[\code]

C i am so clever that i can invent commands and they work ;)

Seriously though mate you cannot call a switchmove command from an init line, and it aint a bug. BIS had the same problem in the credits and had to put them in triggers...

Chomps

« Reply #13 on: 28 Aug 2002, 01:33:19 »
i think the animation you're looking for is LyingToTreatedLying

-Quicksilver

I am pretty sure that is the animation when you are prone and you roll over when a medic comes to heal you.

DeusRich

« Reply #14 on: 01 Sep 2002, 10:39:27 »
yea, but imagine a big hospital, and people lying in beds, now I dont want them to be rolling over to the side as if they were being treated, I want them relatively static, on their backs, looking at the celing, I may have one or two sitting up in their beds, as many people do in hospital, but i dont think most of the people are face down and rolling over for medics all the time, well, not in any hospital ive been to  :P