Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: nooby needing help P.S. don't we all?  (Read 1365 times)

garrett

nooby needing help P.S. don't we all?
« on: 26 Aug 2002, 09:51:55 »
Q1  what do i need to type to have fires going at the BEGINING of the mission?

Q2  is there a way to have it be snowy or plain grass?

Q3   how do you get to the briefings, notes, map, and weapon select for your mission? ??? ??? ??? P.S. i REALLY want to figure this one out

Q4 is there any cheats or mods or patches or anything were u can get  knives of razer wire or anything for really close combat? i know there isnt but, hey whats the harm in asking?

Q5 how do i get morter peaple to bombard a perticular area or spot?

P.S. as u can tell im pretty new so if u dont want to help me i COMPLEATLY understand but if u do plz explain thourghoully because i don't know any of the termanology yet for example what is scripting?

thank you any1 that will help and sorry for the long boring speech  ;)

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
Re:nooby needing help P.S. don't we all?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2002, 09:57:11 »
Q1: I assume you are talking about campfires? If so:
this inFlame True

Q2: There's no option to set in the mission editor, no.
You can make your own island using WrpEdit if you want.

Q3: Explain more. Do you want to know how to put a briefing in your mission?
Or how to make it show up in the mission?

Q4: There's no patches, trainers or cheats which will get you CQB weapons. But if you are making your own mission you can add the StrokeGun and StrokeFist actions which will let you hit your enemy with either your gun or your fist.

Q5: Can't help you here right now (I'm off for school in a few)

PS question: Scripting is a term describing what you do when you use the built-in script language in OFP. You can do pretty advanced things with this.
Check the advanced and general scripting boards for more info on that.

Good luck with your future editing.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

FlidMerchant

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2002, 14:33:54 »
Q3.Briefings are written in HTML.Try to get a briefing template and when you've eddited it saveit as briefing.html.When you save it in single player missions, put this in the folder and it will automaticaly show at the start.To add weapons to the selection, you need to make a description.ext file, i think.

mikeb

« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2002, 14:43:19 »
Wow!!!

You really are asking a lot aren't you!!!

This site previously answered ALL those questions in its tutorial and addon sections so (and I always say this) you can wait just a few days more for it to reopen!  The wrpedit thing for different types of island is beyond my expertise but many others have been doing that for a while.

If you scout other sites you may find the all-natural islands which have no roads or buildings and KEGs winter Kolgujev is covered in snow and looks absoluely brilliant.  Of course I don't mean to plug other sites above this (especially as I downloaded them from this site before it closed for maintenance) but you're obviously really new and need help!

Good luck

Offline Gastovski

• Members
  • #loop; Gastovski setdammage 0; ~0.01; goto "loop";
    • Falklands Mod
« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2002, 16:22:58 »
There i no way to make it look snowy in OFP because it was deigned for Rain. However there are particle effects which can make it look like it is windy and a bit snowy... (They don't work too well)