Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SAR/Medevac Scripts needed!  (Read 838 times)

CarlHill

SAR/Medevac Scripts needed!
« on: 10 Dec 2002, 05:09:46 »
First, I am very new to this, just getting my feet wet. I'm not sure where to look, a couple of searches have yielded no results. I'm starting a helo-only campaign and have found most of the general scripts that I will need. There are a couple of custom ones that are needed right now. Might be more later, but here's what's needed right now. I'm still brainstorming. I wish I knew how to write these things myself.

1) A means to transport wounded to helo, ie. stretcher/litter carry teams of 2 that would carry stretcher w/wounded to helo. If all else fails, Medic performs fireman's carry of wounded.

2) A way to lower litter or medic by rope/sling might work with one of the repel scripts, but how to get him back up? Can this be written? Seems like one of the cargo lower/raise scripts would work with a little modification. The cargo would be a litter with a wounded soldier. This would be useful in heavily wooded areas or over water.

3) Rescue swimmers!  Floating wounded, or in liferafts! Are they possible?

4) I found a script for popping smoke, are there any out there for flares! Would be of great use for downed pilot rescues.

5) Survivors bailing/limping out of helo wreckage for a cutscene, with lingering smoke & burning debris for when rescuers arrive.

Though the majority of missions will be combat and troop insertion/extraction, there will be a need for some SAR and Medevac missions. Any help will be greatly appreciated and full credit given to the scriptors of course!

CH