Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: armored men  (Read 1158 times)

vectordude

armored men
« on: 09 Dec 2002, 08:30:25 »
wouldn't it be nice to have men with some armor.....instead of guys that just die like a bitch lol

maybe make them as armored class....jus give em a hella lot less armor than tank

Siber Fox

Re:armored men
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2002, 01:04:11 »
Yeah, then hit them with a LAW ;D

Or, if not armor, then one of thoes riot sheilds.

Armor sounds good too
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2002, 01:07:50 by Siber Fox »

DrMeatballs

« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2002, 03:08:29 »
It has been done before in the T800 addon(by black baron i think) unfortunatly the AI men won't attack with thier guns only grenades and rockets (because they think that the guy is a tank).
its a good idea just a shame that ofp doesn't support armor pentration realistically.

Skaven

« Reply #3 on: 11 Dec 2002, 13:13:03 »
nope you guys are totally wrong, ofp does support armour,head,legs and arms diffeent armour points.
The NAM pack for example as different values defined for each soldiers, for example in the Delta I'm making with BAS they have a simulation of vest, making them hold 2 more shots in the vest. Instead of 2 they take 4 in the vest and the head,legs and shoulders still have the normal soldier hit values.
For that there are some lines you have to use in the cpp file wich defines the structure of the soldier and than the different armour values.
Chech the NAM Pack's cpp file and see what I mean, they will be engaged as normal soldiers, but they have some advantage due to wearing a good vest or helmet.
However try to make it real not imposible, don't think of them as super units just as more than regular quality  ;D

BipBip

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jan 2003, 00:11:53 »
Skaven's right, that why my MP5 is programmed only for head hits ;)

And I'm very happy to hear that BAS units are also edited this way :)

Josef

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jan 2003, 00:50:32 »
Well, us at OP-SCIFI are workin on the Space Marine, he's 8 feet tall, can punch his way throught solid concrete walls and wears a thick armour that makes him ten times better than normal men...