Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Light it up, baby  (Read 2046 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Light it up, baby
« on: 25 Nov 2002, 22:11:34 »
::)

here is my Q ;D

is dere nyway 2 light my base, cuz i need som lightened space, da man who answers dis is ace, nd wil get 200.000$ str8 from da space (or maybe not cuz i dont have nothin in my case).
plz answer even if dere is no prise, dis is 4 a good mision dats gonna u suprise.
da man wid da answer wil get credit, dat comes 2 show dat he did it.

:wow: butifull aint it ? ;D

nywayz my Q in short

i need 2 light my bases, but i dont wanna use da streetlamp addon(s) cuz dey look :X - plz post ny wayz how 2 light it (i wanna light goisse (in malden) nd it dont have lights :(

so nywayz 2 do it ?

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Gameer_77

Re:Light it up, baby
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2002, 23:19:11 »
Mebbe you could make a brazier addon?  ;D (Those big metal buckets with wood inside and lit to make a fire)

Be creative. What about those woodstacks with a fire underneath or something? :o ::)

Think my man! ;)

Gameer

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2002, 23:48:42 »
im trin 2 avoid addons in dis case  ;)

so its stil opened  ;D

LCD OUT

Gameer_77

« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov 2002, 23:55:52 »
The wooden things and the fire don't need addons ;)

Ah well, im all out. ;D

Gameer

Specnaz

« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov 2002, 00:12:12 »
You put fire around and inflame true :))

Captain Winters

« Reply #5 on: 26 Nov 2002, 00:16:44 »
LCD cant u just put a couple of street lamps in da bats and type this inflame true?

ps- if u aint got the streetlamps add-on just ask me and ill post it up on wensday!

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #6 on: 26 Nov 2002, 00:34:06 »
i know bout da firs thing  :P

i wanna know bout real lightning (da fire light only litle placend if i put lots of fires it lags on weak comps  :()

nd bout da streetlight addons

1) Dey look bad (blinking nd everything)
2) i wanna less addons in dis mision ;) ;D

LCD OUT

Chomps

« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov 2002, 05:08:37 »
No street lamps in town?  Borrow some!

If you have Resistance, you can turn on object ID tags in the editor.  Find some lampposts in other towns no one is using.  Let us say, one of them is #142364.  Put object 142364 setPos and where ever you want the lamp.  No addons needed aside from Resistance.  I am not 100% sure this will work, but I think it should.

One problem!  When you change the map by moving map objects around, they stay gone until the entire map is reloaded (or was this fixed in 1.90?)  If it was not fixed, then if the player, for example loads another mission on the same island after playing yours, the lampposts will still be moved.  I could only suggest that at te end of the mission you put the lampposts back where they belong, which will not catch it, however, if the player does not finish the mission.

I hope you find a better way than this, LCD.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #8 on: 26 Nov 2002, 05:29:13 »
@ Chomps - yeah though bout it but dat thing wasnt fixed in 1.90  :-\ so i wil not try 2 do it as i myself hate plain misions dat do dat so its no 4 dat 1

nywayz im stil makin 1.46 compitable misions  :o (dis is da last 1) so i wil probably not use dis nyway  ;)  ;D 0 i know its prehistoric but even wid da prehistoric commands i have som aces in my hand  ;D

LCD OUT

Chomps

« Reply #9 on: 26 Nov 2002, 05:46:03 »
I guess you could just have a flare, suspended in air, replaced periodically by use of a script.

O Neil

« Reply #10 on: 26 Nov 2002, 05:59:28 »
Lol, LCD can't find anyone who help...hhahaa...then again, I ain't helping either............

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #11 on: 26 Nov 2002, 06:02:55 »
@ O Neil - Thanku very helpfull  ::)

@ Chomps - i guess it wil b dat way (suspended flare) or puting a car wid som1 init 2 light da way  :(

ny oder ideas ny1 ?

LCD OUT

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #12 on: 26 Nov 2002, 08:09:39 »
oh yea ;D How about making a target for 30.000 LGB's in the middle of the town? that would light it up a bit ;D
 Now serious now, isn't Goisse a bit of a small town? I think you could do with only a few lamp post from the editor, the problem is to get them, if is for 1.45 I bet you that 99% of the players have Gunslingers editor installed.
Just a sugestion.
Later all.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

Gameer_77

« Reply #13 on: 26 Nov 2002, 13:03:12 »
Mebbe you could just give the player NVG's to start off with. Or, just make it a diff time  ;D ::)

Gameer

asmodeus

« Reply #14 on: 26 Nov 2002, 14:54:57 »
Hey there LCD!

I've known about this prob for a bit now and just thought of something.. Kinda...  

It's a real stab in the dark...   ::)  But here goes.

What if you have a chopper hovering above the town, as high as possible, in the perfect spot with his lights on??  

Guess that wouldn't be cool cause of the noise and the lag it would cause tho....  Well, I'm tryin!   :P

But yeah, I like the idea of having flares go off every 30 seconds or so...  That would be enough light for the player if he/she goes slowly and uses the light to their advantage...  :thumbsup:  I had the same problem when making The City of the Dead and I used the flare solution and it seemed to work fine, IMO...

I'll let 'cha know if I can think of anything else tho...  :beat:

Asmo
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2002, 14:57:41 by Asmodeus »