Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Helo landing glitch  (Read 1145 times)

Dweebfire

Helo landing glitch
« on: 15 Nov 2002, 06:42:43 »
I begin my mission with the multiplayer squad already flying in a helicopter.  I used the TRANSPORT UNLOAD option to drop the squad off on a mountain top.  There are a couple glitches with this method.

If I play the mission alone and choose the to play anyone other than the squad leader.  Everything works fine.  The chopper lands and the leader orders everyone out.  I am then automatically ejected when the chopper lands.  Great.

If I choose the squad leader, the chopper lands and immediately takes off.  I cannot choose the disembark command while I'm in flight so I have to do it on the ground.  The chopper immediately lands again and the squad gets out.  No big deal, but I'd like to fix it for the overall benefit of realism.

If I play with other people, sometimes the helicopter hangs over the insertion point and wont land.  The squad then has to jump.  Most make it but usually one idiot breaks an ankle or something.  

Does anyone know of a simple script or any other means of making this work?

Thanks.

CareyBear

Re:Helo landing glitch
« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2002, 13:58:37 »
My workaround for this:

If u are leader, make 2 separate groups. One is u. The other is 'secondgroup' or somethin.

Make the 'on activation' of secondgroup's 'get out' waypoint say

(units secondgroup) join (group player)

den, u get ejected automatically on landing, and dey all jump out then join u.

another way wif just one group is to put "readytojump = true" in the chopper's land waypoint, then put a trigger which says

condition:
readytojump && ((getpos heliname select 2) < 5)
onactivation:
(units playergroup) action ["EJECT", heliname]

then they *all* exit at the same time as soon as da heli is low enuf so no-one gets hurt. Use land "get out" instead of land "land" - makes a good 'hot drop' landing.

Cheers,

CareyBear

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
Re:Helo landing glitch
« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2002, 14:10:01 »
...or you could try:

"unassignvehicle _x" foreach (units playergroup); heli land "get out"

in the OnActivation field of your Transport Unload waypoint... except you may want to change it to a MOVE waypoint (not too sure if it will make a difference or not.

That way all the units in the player's group will exit the chopper as soon as it hits the deck, and the chopper won't take off again until all units in cargo no longer assigned to it are out