Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Camera script to change my playing style  (Read 1516 times)

Offline MXH

• Members
Camera script to change my playing style
« on: 23 Jan 2012, 15:22:49 »
I'm rather new to ARMA 2, but I've played tons of OFP and written a number of scripts for OFP, so I'm not completely in the dark to the process.  I really don't like FPS's anymore, and my interest has drifted more toward games like Combat Mission and Achtung Panzer.

What I'm trying to do is create a script, where I can pause the game (I assume setAccTime works also in ARMA) and then create a free-roaming camera to look around the game to figure out what is going on.  Then, when I'm satisfied that I understand the situation, return to my player's body, issue orders and continue.

What I would like to create is a script that allows me to play ARMA more like a pause-able hybrid of a real-time game and FPS.  I know there are scripts already available that allow me to control more than one squad, but I need something else for the camera.

In all the years since I played OFP, so much has developed, and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.  Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

The closest thing I can find is the "Time Paradox" script.  In the activation box of a radio trigger is something like:

duration = 1; sqf = [] spawn {setacctime -60; tt = time; waituntil {abs(tt -time) > -(duration*(acctime))};setacctime 1; player setpos [position player select 0,position player select 1,0]};

As long as I activate the trigger inside a vehicle, then I can move around, but I can't seem to trigger the return of setAccTime to 1.  The script works great if I want to pause for about 1 minute, but I'm trying to find a way to get back to normal time by using another radio trigger.

I tried creating a new radio trigger, with a new variable "timein = 1" on activation, and then edited the original code to:

timein = 0; sqf = [] spawn {setacctime -60; waituntil {timein=1};setacctime 1; player setpos [position player select 0,position player select 1,0]};

Hmmmm...not working.  Any ideas?

« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2012, 20:49:54 by MXH »