Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SOLVED] problem with islands  (Read 1561 times)

Offline qba69

• Members
[SOLVED] problem with islands
« on: 14 Jan 2012, 16:07:09 »
Everytime I'm trying out some new island I have a problem. After exiting mission editor I can still see me in the main menu - see below:

I checked 4 different islands so far and everytime I got the same problem ???

Can someone tell me please how to fix it?

ps.
I use mod folder so all islands are inside its addon folder.
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2012, 23:42:22 by qba69 »

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
Re: problem with islands
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2012, 17:24:18 »
It's because those islands are missing an 'anim' folder. An 'anim' folder basically contains a mission.sqm, and an intro script that loops.

Most islands come with an 'anim' folder that you just put in the addons folder, but some do not. You could try making your own anims for that island. You just gotta make sure that the camera script you use loops continuously.

Hope this helps

Gruntage
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline qba69

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2012, 18:12:27 »
Hmm, but I've just checked 2 islands (Kodiak and Legus) that come with anims folder and I still have this problem. Is it because I use mod folder maybe?

Walter_E_Kurtz

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2012, 18:24:09 »
You can put island pbo's in modfolders, but Anim folders (if provided) need to go in <Your OFP / CWA Install> / Addons   or   <Your OFP / CWA Install> / Res / Addons   - check the readme if there is one.

This is because there is a line in the config that will direct to the cinematic, eg.
Code: [Select]
cutscenes[] = {"..\res\addons\CEEB_rezina_anims\intro"};
Try not to be dead when returning to the main screen as everything will be black.

Offline qba69

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2012, 23:40:54 »
Ok, I got it now:) Many thanks for your help. I just wasn't aware of that cutscenes thing.