Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Question about Radio effects..  (Read 1257 times)

Offline ahmed117

• Members
  • The 3d!t0R -=I.S.I=-
Question about Radio effects..
« on: 07 Jan 2012, 12:54:00 »
Hiya everyone,
                   I was wondering that how to make a voice like a real radio voice?When ever I make a radio voice for a mission I decrease the voice frequency to the least number, but still it does not fulfill the the complete requirements of a walkie-talkie voice...So please can any one give me a link to any Sound recorder with radio effects? I would be very thankful...

Ahmed117
The 3d!t0R            -=O.F.P.E.C=-                                                         -=I.S.I=-

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
Re: Question about Radio effects..
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jan 2012, 13:08:52 »
I use Audacity to do my voice recording. To make a sound clip sound like it's on a radio just run it through the high pass filter. You could also merge a radio static sound with the voice sound clip.
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline ahmed117

• Members
  • The 3d!t0R -=I.S.I=-
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jan 2012, 03:56:41 »
So how to merge a radio static sound with a radio voice? ???
The 3d!t0R            -=O.F.P.E.C=-                                                         -=I.S.I=-

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jan 2012, 09:57:11 »
I think you load up your voice clip onto one audio track, and then create another audio track and load up the radio static onto it. Then, if you go to 'project' there should be an option called 'Quick Mix' Click that and you're audio files should be merged into one mono track.

If you're using an older version of audacity there should be a 'stereo to mono' option.
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba