Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to troubleshoot a crashing mission  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Binary

• Members
How to troubleshoot a crashing mission
« on: 14 Nov 2011, 16:42:13 »
Note: I have also posted this thread on the BIS forums, but on second thought the answers would likely be better here :)

I've created a really neat mission, that unfortunately crashes every 30-45 minutes on dedi server. The mission doesn't really use any scripts, but it's using a lot of addons and a whole lot of units. But all the other missions on our servers also use a lot of addons, but they never crash.

Since i know that this wouldn't be a "official" issue i don't want to use the bug tracer for this one.. But how can i go about troubleshooting my mission?

I got the .rpt, .mdmp and .bidmp files.

I really don't mind digging around the files myself, I just don't know where to look.

If relevant, here's the files:
.rpt - just from the crash exception
.rpt - from missions start till crash
.bidmp
.mdmp
"Ah.. Home sweet hell !" - Al Bundy

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: How to troubleshoot a crashing mission
« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2011, 19:13:57 »
First, compare the addons used in this mission with the addons used in your other (non-crashy) missions. Does this mission have any addons that are new/addon combinations that are new? If so, try removing them one by one until the crashing stops. If it doesn't stop, it's probably a scripting error of some kind (say, all your tanks automatically shoot their smokelaunchers at once and cause massive lag and a self-destructing mission).

Not all addons play nice with one another, so it might very well be that that's the problem. :)

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"