Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Does anybody remember this command?  (Read 1809 times)

Offline ZapBrannigan

• Members
Does anybody remember this command?
« on: 12 Oct 2011, 17:06:33 »
Hi,

A long while ago somebody on here mentioned a bit of code that could make a unit walk or run continuously without stopping even over rocks or into the ocean..

I used it in my mission a long time ago but i lost it and now i need to find it again.

It is not playmove because with playmove ai easily get stuck on anything.  It also isnt switchmove.

It might be playaction but i tested it and ai still got stuck on rocks.  This is a command that can make AI run or walk right over rocks.

The reason is i need it to get AI to run into the cargo bay of a helicopter but they get stuck as soon as they get under the tail of the helicopter with playmove and play action. Last time i used this command im looking for, the AI would run right up into the helicopter bay or out of it.

Does anybody know the command im talking about?

thanks

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Does anybody remember this command?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2011, 17:22:19 »
Hm.

Don't think there's any such thing, I'm afraid. :( Also, consider: if this command allowed a unit to never stop, wouldn't it just run straight through e.g. the aircraft? I'm pretty sure you can use playAction for instance to force a unit to walk up into an aircraft, as long as you position it correctly.

Sadly, units get stuck on minor things like bushes very easily when 'forcing' them to move. I've had this problem myself.

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline ZapBrannigan

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2011, 17:56:52 »
no i rememeber it worked, he would run until you tell him to stop.   it might have been you that posted it.  I dont know but i clearly remember finding something in the ofpec forums that when i tried it, made guys run over anything even over rocks.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #3 on: 06 Nov 2011, 17:13:55 »
Engine stuff seems to have changed, I think.

I used: unit switchMove "C7A_longWalk" to make units walk on the Utes Aircraft Carrier.

Effect can be seen in my TOP GUN tribute video, see below link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LtWvCKZoP8

This doesn't work any longer, just tried the mission in the editor.

Not that helpful maybe, but that is what I used before, and now it seems broken or not possible.
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.