Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: I need help with Making My Person talk.  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Kent15

• Members
I need help with Making My Person talk.
« on: 30 Jan 2011, 22:04:28 »
Okay so I'll be honest with you Theres 2 Question's to this.

I'm doing a pullover and basiclly I will be the asstiance But first I want the First officer to Contact me By Army Radio (Since that is thee only Radio that exists in this Game) So the officer who want's Me to get over there to help him (Which i have to say this game is OFP'R and i'm using NPC's) I want him to say this over Alpha's Radio. "I need asstiance with a pullover" I'm new to the Game's Script but not to It's Mods or anything, However i know i need a Description.ext to do this What is that? It seem's to challenging for me :S Anyway Thats the First Question, Heres the Second one. How do I make My person talk? And how can I make a response from the other person? (The other officer.)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: I need help with Making My Person talk.
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2011, 23:42:13 »
Well first of all, welcome to OFPEC!

Secondly, If you intend to only use text to communicate your lines, it's as simple as using the CutText, TitleText, Sidechat, or Hint commands to print the text to screen.

If not, your task becomes much more involved and you are at the beginning of a wonderful journey.
The Description.ext is a file that goes in your mission folder to define certain attributes of your mission like sounds, gear selection, music, character identity, and other resources like dialogue, etc. It also defines mission flow for campaigns. Learn more about it here.
You'll need access to audio recording software by which to record the actual sounds.
And to make the mouth of the models move in unison with the sound files, you'll need to use wav2lip by BIS
Once you have the files in the sound folder, and they are defined in the Description.ext, you'll have to use commands to call them.
SAY
PlaySound
PlayMusic

Good Luck

Offline Kent15

• Members
Re: I need help with Making My Person talk.
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2011, 02:22:34 »
Thanks :D I'll do this, If i get any problem's i'll do a replay on this post :)