Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI units in squad stop responding  (Read 1286 times)

Offline zonker3210

• Members
AI units in squad stop responding
« on: 06 Jan 2011, 03:48:51 »
I'm really not sure how to explain this issue...

Basically, the mission involves a group of six soldiers locating & rescuing a hostage. They generally respond to orders just fine. However, there are times that some soldiers seem to just move into a kneeling position (on one knee) and sit there with their pistols out. They don't report "out of ammo", they won't bring up the gear screen, they ignore orders to open a backpack or take weapons from dead units....they're still part of my squad and they will move around according to my orders but that's about the extent of it. I'm not sure if this is something that's caused by addons (I'm using CBA, Zeus AI and ShackTac's STMovement along with Chill's ToraBora terrain) or if it's caused by some script or if it's something else. As I said, it only happens sometimes. Usually during a major firefight where the unit is in danger of being overrun....which makes it that much more annoying. The most recent time it happened, my unit's Marksman was affected. I think other units have been affected in the past, though.

Just for the record, I don't see anything unusual in the RPT log.

Does anyone have any experience with something like this? I'd appreciate any constructive suggestions as to how to resolve it. Thanks!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: AI units in squad stop responding
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jan 2011, 10:12:39 »
Moved this here, since it's not a scripting problem :)

AI has a problem, a real problem, with pistols. Try ordering them to remove their pistols and just use their main weapons and see if it solves it.

The mods might have something to do with it too, but I suggest you talk to them directly in that case. Does it ever happen in vanilla A2?

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"