Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Am i the only one who experiences this?  (Read 1277 times)

Offline ZapBrannigan

• Members
Am i the only one who experiences this?
« on: 24 Oct 2010, 18:27:33 »
When i play arma 2, and i use a scope of any kind to look at the enemy in the distance.  They appear sunk into the ground up to their knees about.  and when they die, they fall into the ground and disappear. If i approach them then i can see the body on the ground normally. Its only at long distances the enemy sinks into the ground. Is this normal? it makes sniping missions really stupid. Any distance more than 300-400 meters and the enemies legs sink into the ground.

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
Re: Am i the only one who experiences this?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2010, 20:18:44 »
It's a feature, called the "grass layer". It simulates grass at a distance without actually rendering it to remain performance friendly. Largely a MP-specific feature. Disable grass and you'll notice it disappears.

Offline ZapBrannigan

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2010, 21:17:51 »
ok.. but then there wont be any grass...  my computer is powerfull, how can i make it render grass for a kilometer without any sinking?

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2010, 14:11:09 »
Your computer isn't that powerful. :D

It's not possible to change it without serious modding, and even then it might not work.

Offline ZapBrannigan

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2010, 17:17:35 »
not powerful?! I think you owe "the beast" an apology.  this baby is packing quad cores, 6GB of RAM an nvidea 295 and a 160GB SSD...    and im hoping to upgrade her to an Nvidea 400.  If my damn girlfriend would stop taking chunks of my pay for shopping.  But someday. yes someday.....