Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: UH34D  (Read 8468 times)

Donnervogel

Re:UH34D
« Reply #45 on: 15 Dec 2002, 20:22:35 »
hehe I've got almost 20 MB shots of the outside ;)
I mean shots of the cabin and the cockpit are very rare and if there are any they're taken from an angle I can't use for my textures.  At the moment it lacks me of authentic cockpit dashboard shots and the front part of the cabin.
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2002, 20:27:08 by Donnervogel »

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #46 on: 15 Dec 2002, 20:59:44 »
Donnervogel let Ebud help you with the textures I know it will than be a masterpiece m8 ;)

Donnervogel

« Reply #47 on: 15 Dec 2002, 21:17:05 »
We'll see. I didn't said it's impossible. It's hard and I am unsatisfied with the look right now. I can paint it. It doesn't look bad normaly. But compared to photo realistic parts it looks poor.
I'll ask ebud for help when I made all the texture I can make and I still have problems. At the moment I just have problems with two pieces of texture. It's the dasboard. Because I can't paint the instruments photo realistic and I've got only one half authentic shot of it from a unusable angle. And the other part is the front wall of the cabin. I have some shots of it but there's always too much stuff in the way or it's too dark. The rest is going on well and almost finished for the first LOD. For the other LOD's I can't tell because I'll have to test it out. I have no experience with tweaking of low detail LODs so far.

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #48 on: 18 Dec 2002, 17:31:05 »
If you ever need any help, I'm always willing to help out texture wise. About 10 miles from where I live in a Chicago suburb is a small company that has one of these beasts at a small helipad... nowhere near an airport, but everytime I drive by I think about this addon :)

Over the break if you'd like I can try to call them to see if I can take some pictures. It may be too modern for you, but it might help. I'm afraid they may think I'm from an insurance company or that I'm taking pictures for an unsavory reason.

Good luck, and I let me know if you need any help.

Ebud
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

Donnervogel

« Reply #49 on: 20 Dec 2002, 00:12:50 »
thx

I am on vacation now and I should be able to proceed faster.
I hope I can finish the whole modeling/texture thing in the next two weeks.

contraz0rz

« Reply #50 on: 20 Dec 2002, 01:29:19 »
glad to see this projects still alive ;)

medic23

« Reply #51 on: 20 Dec 2002, 02:57:58 »
i think i might speak for eveyone, when i say, Great job, and we need lots more pics

Donnervogel

« Reply #52 on: 20 Dec 2002, 16:20:57 »
Hehe the project was always alive. But I have to study ;) I don't want to fail in my education because of a game ;)

Pics. Well there's not much more to see now. The major part in texturing is tweaking little things and move things one pixel and check and move another one and check... takes much time and nobody will notice it later hehe.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #53 on: 25 Dec 2002, 07:31:25 »
Any pic you can show us ???

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #54 on: 25 Dec 2002, 08:12:06 »
The major part in texturing is tweaking little things and move things one pixel and check and move another one and check... takes much time and nobody will notice it later hehe.

Some people do. Imagine doing that over multiple p3ds :)
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

EvilMadcat

« Reply #55 on: 30 Dec 2002, 14:57:48 »
Any News or Pics ?????

EvilMadcat
AKA
henk
www.operation-nam.de
 ;D ;D ;D

Donnervogel

« Reply #56 on: 02 Jan 2003, 18:58:38 »
No, but bad news.

Due to a harddisc failure that destroyed one of my harddisks I lost most of the work I've done. Now I just have the first LOD and it's textures wich I had stored on an other harddisk... fortunately.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #57 on: 02 Jan 2003, 21:54:18 »
That's bad news m8 if you had sended Ebud the model too in helping you in textures you had than all the lods and was almost finnished ;)

Vyper

« Reply #58 on: 03 Jan 2003, 16:30:34 »
Whatever you do, don't loose the project!

Your a talented modeler and i forsee grea thing *in Alex Guiness voice* for you! And i want a UH-34 something chronic!

Have a good one!

Vyper

EvilMadcat

« Reply #59 on: 09 Jan 2003, 21:54:36 »
Donnervogel have you lost the Modell or all and can you work or not many of ofp nam players have a great intress of your heli is work go on or not ????

EvilMadcat
www.operation-nam.de ??? ??? ???