Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: UH34D  (Read 8470 times)

Donnervogel

Re:UH34D
« Reply #15 on: 14 Nov 2002, 18:32:41 »
As for the sound. I belive the sound in FMJ was resampled and isn't from an UH-34. But I will care about that when I come to the final tweaking.

For the cockpit. There are almost no pictures of cockpit instruments that can be used in a texture. I've found some but they're all from the side or one that is pretty good but it's a special cockpit. Not the common one. Therefore I painted the texture myself. There are no digital intruments in there now but I don't know how many instruments were in there because I didn't find any cockpit shot's from an UH-34 used by US forces in that era and the other shots vary extremly in color and number and type of instruments.

EvilMadcat

« Reply #16 on: 15 Nov 2002, 05:09:32 »
 you Model seen Great i hope you relase the copper .

Is Great fine work

EvilMadcat
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Schoeler

« Reply #17 on: 15 Nov 2002, 23:28:37 »
Well, hopefully you can find the cockpit pics online somewhere, I'll snoop around too and see if I can't come up with something.  If not, I live here in Tucson Arizona, so if worst comes to worst, I can run down to the airplane boneyard and try and snap some pics of a UH-34 cockpit for you.  I'm looking forward to this addon!

Donnervogel

« Reply #18 on: 16 Nov 2002, 13:04:07 »
Oh that'd be great. An authentic cockpit shot would help me very much.

Cloney

« Reply #19 on: 16 Nov 2002, 17:34:07 »
Wow dude, this awesome is gonna be great for early war Vietnam missions! Best of Luck, let me know if I can help you in anyway!

cloney@comcast.net

Donnervogel

« Reply #20 on: 17 Nov 2002, 02:35:17 »
Hmm I'm sorry to anounce that I have some unexpected problems.

I am stuck with that airing grid on the nose of the chopper. You can see it here:
http://209.133.73.67/AWA/AWA_401-500/AWA_401-410/walk410_H-34_Smith/04.jpg

I have no idea how to wrap my texture around that nose without streching it. I tried it for some hours but without success.

Can anybody give me a hint on this?

I attached an image where you can see the current state of the texture.

Cloney

« Reply #21 on: 17 Nov 2002, 15:55:42 »
Someone help this man!!!

We NEED this addon!

BTW those textures look really good. Too bad you have that problem :/

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #22 on: 18 Nov 2002, 03:39:35 »
Where are all those texture god's :-\

Cloney

« Reply #23 on: 18 Nov 2002, 05:22:37 »
Doing other Godly things I guess... They fail to see the true talent and brilliance in this project.

Keep at it bud! We know you can do it.

Marss911

« Reply #24 on: 18 Nov 2002, 09:04:35 »
Well for what i know there is no trick to do that.
Oxygen cant do that.

But you can make it for the side and then look what parts are stretched out.
Then select these polys and texture that part.

Hope you still following me ;)

Greetings Marce
Ps. Looks really great!
Keep up the great work!

Donnervogel

« Reply #25 on: 18 Nov 2002, 19:53:37 »
Yeah I know that o2 can't do it. STT helped me a bid. I hope I can do it without messing it up too much. I had to edit the geometry a bit there but it's still a pain in the a** to get those textures match each other.

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #26 on: 18 Nov 2002, 20:20:58 »
There is never an easy way to do something like this. I don't know how you have your textures setup, so I can't help.

If you send me the files, I can help. After working with ST on detailing his choppers, I have quite a few things that might work, but it's really mostly trial and error. I personally would try to make the side and top down views of that area line up pretty nicely, then rotate around the model until you can get the rounded part as a flat plane, so that when you are looking at the polygon, you only see a flat polygon, then texture that polygon, then check it, then redo.. over and over.

There must be an easier way, but I'm not a modeler by trade, so I would have no idea how a "real" modeler would do it.

Ebud
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #27 on: 18 Nov 2002, 21:05:16 »
Also, if you do the texture in hi enough detail, you can duplicate the screen on a backup layer, and "smash" the area, so that when it gets stretched, it looks normal.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

Donnervogel

« Reply #28 on: 18 Nov 2002, 21:17:38 »
thx fot the hints. I think I can do it now. It's hard ;) But I am on a good way I think.

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #29 on: 18 Nov 2002, 23:38:43 »
Wow, you were able to decipher my rambling? Hehe, glad I could help somewhat. Can't wait to see the progress. Let me know if you need any help with any other texture related issues, or anything else.
Jack Handey