Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: missing hunter units at ofp  (Read 1730 times)

Offline GW

• ofp cadet
  • Members
  • The great Himalaya
missing hunter units at ofp
« on: 30 Jun 2010, 10:47:57 »
I have ofp goty patched up to 1.96.
I uses to download many new missions and campaigns.

Here the problem starts
i downloaded many campaigns(with all addon required) from a russian website.

After that i keep playing ofg,whenever i fight with resistance,i always see a blackop dress soldier with kozilice and binoculars.that time
I think it is a addon.

Today i decide to make a mission with resistance hunter,but when i see all resistance units,hunter was not there.

At last i find some mission of hunter.in all of them hunter have blackop dress.
But hunter is not there in resistance side units when i try to find it.
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2010, 17:48:50 by GW »
Be happy.
ofp die-hard fan for whole life

Offline RKurtzDmitriyev

• Former Staff
Re: Amazing thing
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2010, 14:33:12 »
Use descriptive thread titles please. It's the custom here, because every problem here is "amazing" to the thread starter. ;)

Anyway, as a first step, make sure that your main addons and res/addons folders contain only official addons. OFranke's post here contains a list of all the addons that OFP 1.96 needs.

Move all of your fan-made addons to mod folders. Then, try loading them one by one to see which one is causing the problem.

If you're still getting problems with only default addons loaded, the only advice I can give is to re-install OFP.
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2010, 14:39:13 by RKurtzDmitriyev »
The OFP Editing Center wishes to remind you that the faithful COMREF will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.
However, in the event that it does speak, you are encouraged to heed its advice. ;)

Offline GW

• ofp cadet
  • Members
  • The great Himalaya
Re: missing hunter addon at ofp
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jun 2010, 14:58:04 »
i want to know that which addon is causing this problem? i spend many time in translating of russian to english and than download that addon,it will take very much time again to find problem causing addon,
Be happy.

Offline RKurtzDmitriyev

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2010, 16:29:58 »
So you're looking for someone who happens to know already which addon is at fault?

If I were you, I wouldn't have high hopes for finding someone. But once you organize your addons into modfolders, finding the faulty addon won't be too much trouble with a program like Kegetys OFP launcher.

Besides that you might have better luck if you provide a list of what addons you downloaded. Also try entering the names of these addons into Google to find if there are known problems with them.
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2010, 16:31:57 by RKurtzDmitriyev »
The OFP Editing Center wishes to remind you that the faithful COMREF will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.
However, in the event that it does speak, you are encouraged to heed its advice. ;)

Offline GW

• ofp cadet
  • Members
  • The great Himalaya
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jun 2010, 17:03:20 »
there are lot of aadon i have,so listing them is not possible,but i know it is due to russian addon,
ok now i will try to copy all addon one by one after deleting them from addon folder.
Be happy.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jun 2010, 23:48:20 »
If you have the extra space, you should remove every addon from my BIS Addon folders, place them (with their readmes and example missions) into their own separate folders outside of the OFP directory inside of another folder that you have titled OFP ADDONS(or something like that), Then load them one by one into a mod folder (NEVER use the BIS Addon folder). Just copy the pbo's you need for your current mission (not your entire archive).

Sometimes, certain addons clash with one another due to similar global variables, so be careful of what you combine too. I always store my downloaded content separate and then copy what I need to beta test or build into a custom mod folder, deleting it after I'm done testing or building.

Offline GW

• ofp cadet
  • Members
  • The great Himalaya
« Reply #6 on: 01 Jul 2010, 17:47:24 »
problem is that i have to translate all russian readme again,but iam going to try this,because this is the way to deal with the problem, :weeping:

hunter units is fine in all mods.  ::)
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2010, 17:51:32 by GW »
Be happy.