Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Making video clips of me/my vehicle from fixed camera /w targetting on? [ArmA]  (Read 1336 times)

Offline FSB

• Members
good evening together

just worked myself through some camscripting tuts, but i didn't find an answer to my question, so i decided to ask some people with real editing experience..

i learned, how to make intros with the "camera.sqs" script, but the intro itself is always a live mission, shown from different POVs by the camera.

i can't make an NPC flying loopings, g-rolls, barrel-rolls or doing the cobra-maneuver, and this is it, what i am about to do...

so my question is: is there any possibility to make the camera recording and saving the video clip somewhere or are there any external tools to help me out?

thank you for reading, i hope my english understandable cause i am russian

reg.

FSB

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
This board is more of a place for help on BI games technical problems rather that things like this me thinks.. :cop:

Anyways, you can only record video from the game using some video recording software.
FRAPS which is very easy to use but it is a resource hog (because of the way it captures the video).
You can try different screen capture video tools, like Sonne Screen Capture Video. Those kind of tools shouldn't be as resource hogging as FRAPS..
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2010, 06:54:04 by h- »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline FSB

• Members
yeah but these programs only capture the view of the player or a scripted cam sequence.... what i want is a camera on the ground, that captures me and my aircraft, while i am flying usually

is that possible in any way?

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Yes. In Multiplayer with someone else controlling the camera. That's the only way to capture live player footage otherwise there would be some really cool looking videos out there.  :D

Offline FSB

• Members
thank you for the information, that's a real pity.... time to get a second computer online  :D