Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Making own campaign and needing help?  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Klamytappi(FIN)

• Members
Making own campaign and needing help?
« on: 21 Jul 2009, 21:47:10 »
Hi... I do not know is enyone still playing OFP:s butt still. I have made lots and lots of maps thease past years butt never tried making own campaing cause i didint have tools for it. Last year i started made mission in FDF mod and made own folder for them and numberd them to 01 to 42 so they would be playable in order like campaing... butt that feel kind a stupid so i tried make them as campaign. Firts i downloaded editor from here butt do not how to use it. Its own manual is veery badly done since its only tell you what you should do... not how ???... So get lidle pist off and tried find topics or anything where someone have a same problem butt no... So is there anyone who have used it and could tell my how it works.

Biggets problem is that it do not reconise missions... Manual said that you should ad campaing folder and make there my campaign folder whit in all sound and mission files that i would want to take to the campaign. So i did it many difrent ways editor never found any missions... So i first tought that it didint reconaise them bicause they where made by FDF so i tried make Resistance version of them butt still dosent reconaise...

I just hope that anyone who have made own campaign coud help me out.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: Making own campaign and needing help?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2009, 21:56:55 »
Welcome to OFPEC.  :good:

There certainly are folks still playing OFP, and it is very much alive and kicking, so you're in the right place.

Not sure which 'editor' you mean - possibly Chris' script editor - but I do know that Mikero created a very detailed tutorial on how to make a campaign. Find it here. We also have his Campaign Maker, which may be of use.

Once again, welcome to OFPEC.

Offline Klamytappi(FIN)

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2009, 23:13:25 »
Well that is just the one i tried use :D. I do not why it dosent found any missions... Doesent matter have i done them by FDF, Resistance or orginal OFP... ??? Is the tutorial you mean same as came from its help... If it is... well didint work for me... i did as it said but it just dosent find any missions. I have nearly smoked full cigared box when my nerves brake down cause i cant just understand what i do wrong... :confused:

Like i said... it told me to make new folder to campaign folder... i did. then it told me to put all missions and etc what i want to include in it. i did... Still it doesent find a single mission eaven they work well from single mission section... I thought first that is because it was FDF mod butt it didint eaven find OFP Resistance missions... or the game orginal missions... i just cant figure out what iam missing here.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2009, 15:30:36 »
I don't think it matters that the missions were made with FDF Mod, so long as you have the addons installed.

From what I remember of Mikero's tutorial, the key is in setting up the campaign description.ext file, because that's the file which tells OFP which missions to run and where they are. My advice would be to try a test with 3 test missions - they don't need to be real missions, just stick something on the map and save each one separately. Then go through the tutorial step by step, preparing the description.ext file as it describes.

Once you get that working, apply the same steps to your existing FDF missions.  :good:

Offline Klamytappi(FIN)

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2009, 17:26:45 »
K thanks :D Il try that butt if it still doesent work or i got some other broplems i continue my wining here  :weeping: ;) Off we go then

"Update"

After cauple nerve brakedowns, couple mugs of coffey and lost of cigarets its finaly starting pay off. Thanks. I started made englis version of campaing so it should take some time. When its finish i probaply need some testers to fix my writing errors etc but seems like Eastport showdon 2015 is underway :) As it seems like instead of wett dream it is going to be reality (hopefully) so iam going to putt little teaser.

Campaign take place as imagenary island on Finish gulf named Easternport between Suursaari and Kronstad. It was orginaly Finish territory until Winter war at 1939 when Soviet overrun island at first day of war whit in all its population. 1941 Continuous war (Operation barbarossa) Finish couldont retake Eastport and it was sieget and suplied from air trough second world war. After war Soviets started to build up military base in there and Russian citizens moved in (like in all provinces ins former Soviet Union). After Fall of Soviet union in 1992 former Soviet repuplics turn independent. Cause eastport doesent consider themself anymoore neither Finish or Russians they delcered island as Independent. Soon after that ony politacal partys Social democrats (SDP) and Peoples communist party (PCP) makes temporary goverment till first election. Neither party trusted other and started to ensure that if they won elections other wouldnt be abel to try overthrow goverment. Fastly PCP take control of all military equipment left by Soviets and SDP started draft offical defense forces. Soon PCP saw that they got weapons butt didint have manpower and SDP had menpower butt not weapons. This is when boulth partys thought that other was trying to destroy them. Fastly PCP and all it supporters moved East side of and island and start draft Eastport peoples liberation army (EPLA) and as countermesures SDP bought much weaponry from west as it could. Tension where high until 2014 when civil war finaly started. EPLA took quick victorys in early war led by talented ex Soviet Afhanistan war veteran Korosnky. War seem to be soon over butt then SDP asked humanitary help from Finland. Meating what take place in Eastport in Finish embassy. One of Koronskys sub commander decidet to act alone and show what happent if other try take part of this war and attacked whit his men to the embassy. After that Fnish special units (Elite jagers, Paratrooppers, assault divers, Rapid deployment forces and volunteer reservist joined fight whit SDP.
« Last Edit: 22 Jul 2009, 19:14:54 by Klamytappi(FIN) »