Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Selections  (Read 2573 times)

Offline Noobinator

• Members
Selections
« on: 10 Jul 2009, 12:32:04 »
Hi guys :)

Ok, ive been thinking for a while about creating a script that will remove individual limbs from explosion or 50 cal round, and after sending some messages around to modders in regards to how i should do this, i was told, and i quote;

hi, if you want to do that, it would be better to hide body parts by selections on model that you will define in config.

Another quote from the same dev answering a question of mine:

No 30models, just one with selection of faces, that you can hide by script, tahts all, same method as dammaged cars hide wheels.

Now can someone kindly explain this :) because i don't have a clue lol

Thanks in advance

F2

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: Selections
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2009, 23:52:33 »
Sorry, this is a modelling question, not a scripting one. You are considerably more likely to get an answer in the correct forum.
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2009, 00:13:44 »
 You will have to wait until the Mlods are released.
  As of now there is only sniper and some civs with a hidden selection and that is the whole bosy, for you too create one from them would take alot of work and to create one from the ones that dont have  hidden selections well its 8 times more work.

what those people are saying is correct but for now you can test by using the wodland guy or siniper , put one in editor and mess with the hit command or newer ones, use the command
this setobjecttexture [0,""] , his whole body will disapear . what you want is to use the Hide animation but again you will need Mlods .

Look up Hit_head,Hit_body,Hit_hands,Hit_Legs on the Bis Biki , these are the things that will help you determine where the unit was hit and what Gib to create.

Not sure but you maybe able to use selectionposition to place particle effects etc more presice too.

In additon they have rvmats and wound rvmats that will need to be negated for your mod.
 good luck i will comeback when mlods are out.

Good luck

I love ofp

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2009, 00:20:05 »
If you have an A1 or community mlod though, surely you could get somewhere? Just not with the standard A2 models any time soon...
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2009, 00:26:27 »
 you can certainly practice , but the skeleton is  a hell of alot different than Arma1 and you would have to re develop it when the mlods come out.
 good idea though no harm in learning whilst you wait.

I love ofp

Offline Noobinator

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jul 2009, 00:28:50 »
Thanks for explanation buddy :)

I know im very limited to what i can do in arma 2, so im gonna try make it for arma 1 until the tools come out for arma 2.

Just a quick question, how hard is it to create a script which will delete a unit, and replace it with gibs etc...

Also, what other techniques could i use to create the more advanced system?

Thanks
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2009, 00:36:01 by Noobinator »

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jul 2009, 10:34:56 »
 Its not hard to delete a unit and replace with Gibs at all, the problem is the consequences in multiplayer especially if the unit is a player.
 However Mp is not my strong point and someone else may have a solution or provide info as to what any consequences maybe.

You can test by adding an eventhandler to a unit such as Hit or damaged .

you will need to obtain the 1st and 2nd elements of the returned array which will be the unit that was hit and where the unit was hit ,this will allow you to decide whether a part of his body needs to be blown off or all his body has blown up.

something like  from memmory here and old school .sqs but i am sure someone will update for you.

myunit addeventhandler ["Damaged", {[_this select 0,_this select 1] exec "hands.sqs"}];

and a small script to tell you where the units been hit.

_unit = _this select 0;
_where =_this select 1;

Hint format ["unit %1 has been hit in the %2",_unit,_where];

from that you will get the return of the different selections on the man class ,then you can make a more advanced script and determin what will happen when a different part of the body is hit or indeed if many parts are hit then simply blow the whole unit apart.

« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2009, 17:31:03 by DeanosBeano »
I love ofp