Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Editing Domination  (Read 1355 times)

Offline fallujahmedic

• Members
Editing Domination
« on: 19 Nov 2008, 13:51:34 »
 Back in the good old days it was nothing to rip open a mission then graphically edit it in the mission editor. Is this not possible in Arma? I wanted to add a few things to Domination to spice it up, but each time I repack it, the PBO is not recognized. Since I could not edit it visually, I opened the sqm in Word Pad and changed it that way (such as changed a repair truck to a Vulcan). But still cant get it to work. What am I doing wrong?

Anybody?? I'm going nuts trying to figure out whats wrong. Can anybody help?
« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2008, 23:17:11 by fallujahmedic »

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: Editing Domination
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2008, 19:23:18 »
I don't see any reason why you can't load an unpbo'ed mission into the normal editor and repack it again. What are you using to unpack and pack it? Are you unbinarising everything as well as unpboing it?

(well, if you "visually edited" it you would just export it in the editor, but that doesn't seem to work for you).
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline fallujahmedic

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2008, 22:33:34 »
I unpbo'd using Bi tools. I was able to view everything perfectly, but when I repacked it, it was as it didnt exist and wasnt recognised by Arma.

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #3 on: 21 Nov 2008, 04:50:34 »
Well, that implies you aren't packing it up again correctly. Try unpacking the pbo after you have packed it. Is it identical to what you packed up? Beyond that, it is difficult to imagine what exactly you are doing wrong without more details of the steps you are performing.
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline fallujahmedic

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 21 Nov 2008, 12:45:14 »
I will try again this morning after sending the kids to school. There may be a possibility that it's being saved to a different user profile, Im unsure. I did unpack it after repacking it and everything looks ok. I started simple, I changed an M113 ambulance (not MHQ) into a T 72. I was finally able to preview that in the Editor (though the map was completely blank of any units) So my premise is clear, just hashing out the details. But again, I tried both exporting and repacking and neither will show up as a valid MP PBO ( in game). Everything looks fine in the MP folder.

Just got back, now Icant even find my saved (not exported) mission editor files) WTF? I checked, the files are not in another profile :(
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2008, 13:28:06 by fallujahmedic »