Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [MP COOP 1-10] Rebels  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Spiderman

• Members
[MP COOP 1-10] Rebels
« on: 08 Oct 2008, 21:25:01 »
First i will introduce myself as i am new here. Hello Spiderman writing.
I am in editing since 2003 with Operation Flashpoint but from those days - hell - i never would release a mission :)
Anyway, i am not a native english speaker, so if you recognize some failures, keep them for free  :D
Now here's a older MP Mission for ArmA:

Title:       
co10_rebels_v1_3

Mission Version:    
Author:       
Spiderman

Release date:    
Game (version):    
ArmA 1.14
Gametype:       
coop
Addons required:   
none
playtime:      
~ 45 min

Mission Summary:
Ok guys, today we will rise again!
The imperialists gained full air superiority.
All our endeavours were in vain.
We need AA weapons to assure the success of our next missions.
We dont have AA weapon systems, but these bastards have them.

A convoy will pass Ixel in the next time.
Team Alpha is ready for a nice surprise in Ixel.
One AGS30 grenadelauncher and a good old Degtyaryov Krupnokalibernyi (DSHKM) MG
will ensure the success of the mission.
Furthermore Peters brother - you know him as The Sister -
(ok he's a little bit strange) lend us his old car.
This fucked up mobile is full with explosives and parked near the northern entrance of Ixel.
Some bullets will do fine work!
Team Alpha will erase the entire convoy heading from north through Ixel.
Be efficient. Team Bravo count on you!

Team Bravo will destroy the fuel barrels at this base.
Only some shots and the job will be done. Gather some Stinger Launchers
from the weapon deposit in the base.
Thats no problem because soon the american Helicopters will make contact again!
Wipe out the base and join up with Team Alpha.
Move to Masbete. Keep your eyes open - Masbete is patrolled area!
Destroy the four Super Cobras based at Masbete with the Stinger launchers.
Good hunting, ladies!

Credits:
Alex Sworn for client side graphic adjusting
Norrin's Revive Script v1.01

Features:
client side viewdistance adjusting
client side terrain detail adjusting
Revive script v1.1 by Norrin
Effect scripts (barrel and car explosions)
Briefing in english
chooseable start conditions (daytime,revives)

CHANGELOG:

sorry cant exactly remember it anymore. As mentioned above:
older mission by me
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2008, 22:59:52 by Spiderman »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [MP COOP 1-10] Rebels
« Reply #1 on: 08 Oct 2008, 21:26:40 »
Excellent, I'll give it a go tonite.

Played this mission last night. Much of the same suggestions apply as in the outpost mission. We weren't able to advance much past the convoy part of the mission. I'd suggest adding satchels or mines to the ammo box at the beginning. 

I'm not too fond of the viewdistance/terrian settings in the addaction menu, I would just using a dialog activated by the radio or something. That's me. There are some grammar and typos, I'll fetch them out later on tonite.
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2008, 18:29:32 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline Spiderman

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 09 Oct 2008, 21:45:38 »
I'd suggest adding satchels or mines to the ammo box at the beginning
Actually you will need 2 men:
First player move down into Ixel. Go in the house -second floor, north side- an use the mg there. (its the only usable house in Ixel, you cant miss it.) Let the first humvee pass. Aim at the car parked at the northern entrance of Ixel. Await the convoy. When the tank is direct near this car -  destroy the car with the mg. Now you have to be fast. (the explosion will not hit you but maybe the really really fast ArmA AI tank commander with his unbelievable reaction time. I hate those not balanced knowsabout values!!)
Go out of the mg and take cover. The job for the second player start now.

Second player should move into the ags30 emplacement and await the huge explosion when the car is destroyed. Then fire with the grenadelaucher and cover the street down there with grenades. If this massacre someone survives - take a shot.
Yeah, sometimes the tank survives - rpg are at the weapon crate at start.

=> Should be a really easy thing if you have the timing. If i would change it and give satchels or mines - this ambush would be the same as nearly every ambush.
I tried to edit a ambush without the same equipment (satchel, mines).

just using a dialog activated by the radio or something
I thought every player should have the possibility to choose his graphic settings at the very start of the mission (depending on his pc). But only at start. In fact, i play ArmA with lowest setting because of my ancient pc.  :weeping:
Thats the reason i didn't add a promo pic as yet. It would not look up to date.
If you have a radio trigger it would be possible during the whole game. That was not the idea.

I do a work over:
-revise description.ext
-Description line in the editor
-promo pic
-adding actual revive script,
-checking weapon selection - in my opinion only few: you can equip yourself if you earned the weapons by destroying the convoy :)
-Sorry for the grammar. I try to find and fix it.

One question: I really dont understand this from [MP COOP 1-6] The outpost thread:
Error in HTML file mpmissions\__CUR_MP.intro\briefing.html
Context 8
Is the html file wrong?
Does it not work in ArmA?
Did you get this error message as you started the mission?
What is Context 8? (tried to google it.. get no idea???)

Thank you very much for your patience and tips, tricks and ideas!   :D
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2008, 22:01:11 by Spiderman »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 09 Oct 2008, 23:42:35 »
Those briefing errors are seen in the arma.rpt file. You should ALWAYS check the rpt file as it contains clues to lots of problems.

I thought every player should have the possibility to choose his graphic settings at the very start of the mission

You can have a dialog for each player and do the setting changes in there. Its just a pet peeve when people fill up the action menu. :D

First player move down into Ixel. Go in the house -second floor, north side- an use the mg there. (its the only usable house in Ixel, you cant miss it.) Let the first humvee pass. Aim at the car parked at the northern entrance of Ixel. Await the convoy. When the tank is direct near this car -  destroy the car with the mg. Now you have to be fast. (the explosion will not hit you but maybe the really really fast ArmA AI tank commander with his unbelievable reaction time. I hate those not balanced knowsabout values!!)

Ok I figured this out after a while, there is no indication of the exploding car. You figure this out on your own. I never saw the ags30. The steps your outlining though I would say aren't typical of the average player. most people would go with the rpg and hope for the best. It seems a bit complicated...

The weaponspool and the picture in game, are just finishing touches, they just add to the overall mission. I can tell you really cared about some of the details like sunlight, smoke in the chimneys. with the weaponspool you can control exactly which weapons the player has and also give them some freedom at the same time.
To take a decent pic use the camera.sqs trick and crank up the graphics. it takes a bit of time but you can then take a good pic.

Briefing

Destroy the convoy heading from north trough Ixel
Destroy the convoy heading from the North through Ixel

Destroy the Helicopters... the H should be a little h.

My friend suggested that there be more markers. The map is pretty baron. Showing the direction of the convoy would be a real asset. Showing where the ags30 is would also be nice. (still haven't seen it)

Mission

The hint that says lock and load, theres a problem with that sentence but atlas I'm too tired to reload the mission.

The view distance changer thigny is not in english in this mission.

Edit:

We keep getting this error about a missing ak47 class when we reach the second town. I think your using the wrong class name somewhere.

If you start the mission from the second location, the mission ends prematurely becuase the convy starts up. You might want to start the convoy based on 2 triggers so if you dont have enough players the convoy doesn't start up.

Still playing, finding it challenging with 3 players.
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2008, 02:28:53 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2008, 09:32:55 »
Briefing: The flow of sentences is not right and there are some typo's/grammar mistakes. If you don't know English find someone that does.

Intro: None. Just title texts.

Gameplay:
1) Give the players more time to set up a proper ambush. I suggest adding 3 more minutes of time to set up before convoy goes through Ixel.
2) The Enemy base to the south is heavily gaurded but the exploding barrels adds a very nice touch.
3) Masbete is ridiculous. Either take 2 cobra's out or give a player a chance to get to them before they take off. Also, more rockets are needed. Either add them into the crates at the beginning or have some AA soldiers that the player can take their gear when they are dead.
4)I liked how the town of Ixel is populated with civilians and the smoke coming out of that smoke stack. It let's the player know that people still live in this area so be careful.

Suggestion(s):
-Add a intro mainly focusing on Masbete. This might add a "inferior" feeling about what we must do and adds to the fear factor.
-Definately fix the briefing so it makes sence.
-Make convoy closer together. They do not appear to be in the same grouping because of how spread apart they are. If they are in the same group they should be in Column (compact).
-For the base to the south think about putting a couple of two man patrols patrolling LARGE areas. This will keep the players on their toes.
- To many attack choppers, realistically there would never be that many Attack choppers in the AO (area of operation).
- Explain why we have to attack the convoy because it really has nothing to do with the AA problem.

If I gave this a score it would be a 3.5/10.
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992