Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: camcreate napalm artillery.  (Read 2065 times)

Offline daniel relf

• Members
camcreate napalm artillery.
« on: 14 Jul 2008, 18:49:29 »
heya, ive been trying to make an artillery script that cam creates 3 shells above a map click position for ages, and when they explode it unleashes fiery hell, burning everything. now so far ive been  able to get >mapclick>camcreate ordinance>things go bang, but how the hell do i make the explosion do napalm? ive had a look at a few napalm scripts like mad dogs for example. but I just cant figure out how to get a napalm effect from a camcreated object. cant find the solution on here so far either. any ideas?
Thanks L&R

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: camcreate napalm artillery.
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2008, 19:52:51 »
You need to play with drop command and play with particles until you get the desired visual effect.
You may also experiment with tools like this to configure your particles.

Offline daniel relf

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2008, 01:39:44 »
hmm i mean the effects of mad dogs napalm was great. i just dont know how to call his napalm script with a cam created object from a script.  in his example missions he used barrels and in the init line he set the barrels to start at 200 meters high and when they hit the ground ie isnull they called the script. i feel so close to my solution but when i try isnull = _bomb "napalm.sqf" in a script it throws up all kinda errors. obviously you cant enter the same commands in a script as an init line it seems. thanks for your reply mandoble

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2008, 01:45:07 »
Well, sorry but I have no idea what napalm script you are talking about. But if it has an author, then your best option is to ask him directly there where you got that script.

Offline daniel relf

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2008, 10:10:57 »
i could do i guess. though my prob isnt the napalm script itself, its just how to attatch it to a cam-created object. i wonder... hmmm i cld try setting a triger activated by alpha, cam creating the shell in the triggers init line and then maybe [this] execVM "napalm.sqf". although im pretty sure that will atatch the napalm script to the trigger and not the falling shell. hmm one way to find out.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2008, 10:41:00 »
Well, to start with, do not cam create anything in ArmA, use createVehicle or createVehicleLocal commands to create objects.

Offline Barbolani

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jul 2008, 11:08:06 »
Hi,

Best napalm script ive seen:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2403

And yes, you could createvehicle the barrels whenever you want and execute the script in its initialization.

Mandoble, just a suggestion, the integration of this script with Mando Bombs can give it another point!!!

Cya!!!

Offline daniel relf

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 15 Jul 2008, 11:08:56 »
whoops, wasnt maddogx's script, dunno where i got that from, it was Zonekillers. prob why u never heard of that one lol @Barbolani, yea thats the napalm script that Im using, how would i go about excucuting the script tho, if i createvehicle the barrels in a script then I cant execute anythin in the barrels init line as I cant edit it.
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2008, 11:13:39 by daniel relf »

Offline Barbolani

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 15 Jul 2008, 11:53:36 »
K, I didnt tried this (Im at work), but lets make things easier so you can start working and later on advance with createvehicle:

Create the barrel in the editor. No init, just give it a name

Whenever you wish to hit (for example, an arty call with on map single click), just make a script that:

- Places that barrel x meters high.

- Calls the script just as it does in Zonekillers example: nil = [nameofthebarrel] execVM ""Napalm\Napalm.sqf"

So when the barrel reaches the ground, Napalm!!!!

CreateVehicle will allow you to have infinite (or the number you wish) Napalm rounds....

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 15 Jul 2008, 12:15:24 »
Is that napalm script MP compatible, are the effects present for every client connected?

Offline daniel relf

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 15 Jul 2008, 12:28:30 »
woohoo problem solved. turns out my origional script was ok but i was just missing som brackets out lol so that means i dnt even need a barrel in the editor. thanks for your help mandoble & Barbolani. :good:
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2008, 17:33:38 by daniel relf »

Offline Barbolani

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 15 Jul 2008, 15:13:33 »
@Mandoble: Yes, at least thats what the readme says...