Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: WIP Scripted elevator system (JTD dev group)  (Read 3220 times)

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
Re: WIP Scripted elevator system (JTD dev group)
« Reply #15 on: 27 Jun 2008, 22:03:17 »
No problem ,
 if you get stuck gimme a shout, i found some time to test an RTM version and its actually smoth , but its not good for what you want , because it will never come down as easy as it goes up , using the method i used .

heres a vid that may inspire you anyway , if your thinking it cant be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcD9cenk8lM
I love ofp

Offline Trexian

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 29 Jun 2008, 01:57:39 »
hehe

I only plan on RTM'ing the doors to go sideways.  Any "lifting" will be purely by script setposing and deceptive delays.  Think of it this way: an elevator is really just a box that looks the same on all the floors, the doors open and you're magically at a different floor. ;)
Sic semper tyrannosauro.

Offline Trexian

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 07 Jul 2008, 21:35:22 »
Trying to get time (post HDD crash) to wade into this in O2.  There are actually existing "elevator" scripts in the BIS packaged stuff.  But, they are pretty rough.

Anyway, on to my question.  (And I hope sufficient time has passed since my last post.) ;)  I was wondering if there was some way to sort through the current addaction items for a text string, and then return the index for it.

For instance, search the current addactions for "Floor 3" and if there is one, return the index for it, and remove it.  I'm thinking that it would basically be an array?

Thanks!
Sic semper tyrannosauro.