Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [Co13] Operation Night Ray pt2  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
[Co13] Operation Night Ray pt2
« on: 19 May 2008, 08:29:21 »
The cobra got shot down while our Spec Ops team was getting extracted. Get our pilot back.

Addon Needed: Editor Update 1.02 and Handy Tools(included in zip)

There are nifty scripts in here. Hope they are enjoyable.

*Edit*
New version, chopper should land now. Cobra is unflyable. Air Support script should work (every now and then the plane is destroyed). Revive should work now.
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2008, 03:29:24 by Ironman »
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
Re: [Co13] Operation Night Ray pt2
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2008, 01:52:02 »
bump

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 04 Sep 2008, 03:10:29 »
Intro

None, you don't really need one becuase you start inflight, however you could add some titlecuts so the ride isn't as boring. Educate the player on the way to the landing zone...

Briefing

The text is breif, although I get some idea of what I'm supposed to do information is sparse.

No picture. Should have one.

The map marker marking the cobra down is small and hard to see maybe make it bigger so the player searches a bigger area.

Mission

Ok I love the way it starts in transport. But maybe you should advise the player of this in the briefing. Also love that you included the ammo in the chopper it gives you something to do during the chopper ride. You should also mention this in the briefing. You actually mention in the briefing that there is ammo in the chopper but the statement about 'ask permission' is silly and at the very least should be reduced to lower capitalization.

Ok Tried a couple of times. the helo took us in and stopped and didn't move, jumping out causes a painful death. I tried serveral times to no avail. I've always found it difficult finding a big enough spot to get the ai to land those choppers in. So there for we are stuck at that point.

« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2008, 04:05:22 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2008, 07:36:04 »
Are you saying the chopper wont land? I have been having problems with that sometimes and other times it works. I really dont know what else to do. I tried using WP's for this. Then Mando's Heli Route scripts. Then a combination. I think I even put down a ton of invisible H's. When it does land the mission is a blast. The very first time I played it with a group we beat it with only one death. I was so shocked that it was that easy. Normally it takes 100's of tries with my missions lol...

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 2008, 21:37:15 »
Ya we never land in this mission, we've tried several times. You probably need to pick a spot with less trees, I've noticed each time we were stranded over a tree.
Xbox Rocks

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2008, 02:39:48 »
BUMP. Updated

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 10 Nov 2008, 05:13:59 »
hmm still the helo doesn't land for us...
Ok so we ejected a couple of times while the helo was up high we were able to atleast get in there and get some killing done. Funny thing was when we did eject and then moved a head a bit the helo landed and instructed us to get out. Not once did it actually land while we waited in the helo once you wait so long then you can't eject any longer.

The mission could sorely use spectating script. When you die with the seagul at night it just sucks.

A version number too would also be helpful. I'm pretty positive I updated the mission because it seemed considerably larger then the previous version.
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2008, 05:52:28 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #7 on: 10 Nov 2008, 08:33:17 »
you were suppose to use the Radio for the fastrope insertion lol

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 10 Nov 2008, 14:10:03 »
I didn't see an option for fast rope in the radio? there were 3 options. Will give it another go.

Edit: We are not seeing any option for fast rope.

Finally we got past the first objective.
The secondary objectives aren't linked on the map. You should consider adding links and markers to those objectives because we were completely lost as to which direction to head. We gave up after this point. 2 dead (flying in the seagul at night) nd 1 guy wandering around trying to find the base.

« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2008, 03:23:22 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #9 on: 11 Nov 2008, 06:41:35 »
There is a hint that displays after you find one dead pilot near Cobra. If you need to view it again press H. It gives the coordinates of the base. It is the players job to find it. I refuse to make all my missions so dumb a cave man could do it. No links will be added.

I will work on that darn chopper landing..... its being a lil baby and wont do what I want even if I give it candy dam it.

Thank you for testing it out for me. I am sorry it has been a disapointment.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 11 Nov 2008, 14:05:33 »
I'm not so sure we got that hint. I don't want you to make it easy, just want some indication on where to proceed.
Xbox Rocks

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #11 on: 11 Nov 2008, 19:00:58 »
well where is the closest, developed area? A hint I'll give is that it is up the hill the roads look like a figure 8.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 05 Jan 2009, 20:26:31 »
Ironman,
did you fix the chopper landing in this mission? We still play it and bail out while we have the height, its a work around but not elegant. :)

Hoz
Xbox Rocks

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #13 on: 05 Jan 2009, 21:26:57 »
yea I have fixed it just a cpl days ago too... I am working on the first part as well.