Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Equiping Soldiers Incargo  (Read 1342 times)

Offline angora

• Members
Equiping Soldiers Incargo
« on: 02 May 2008, 18:37:08 »
I did a search but didn't find anything so heres my problem:

I have a squad who are moveincargo in an empty CRRC, I'm the driver (moveindriver) and in charge of the squad. In the briefing it wont allow me to alter the loadout of my squad, I however still can choose whatever weapon i want from the description file, it only says in cargo:soldiers name in black. If I make them playable then it just says CRRC not even soldiers class or name. The reason there in the empty CRRC is I want to use johnny's marines not the standard BIS models, is their someway i can set it so the player can equip his squad as he wishes.

i created the description file in ArmA Edit, don't know if thats important but it might be.

thanks for any help.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: Equiping Soldiers Incargo
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2008, 18:50:26 »
might help to place your squad outside the CRRC during briefing. then as soon as the mission starts, let a script move the men into the crrc.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline angora

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2008, 00:31:55 »
sorry to sound stupid but how could I do that? I'm pretty terrible at scripting  :dunno:
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life

Offline Pirin

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2008, 04:40:32 »
One way is to place a trigger around your guys Activated on BLUFOR present.  You'll want to include some kind of blackout/fadein cutscene for the first few seconds to cover up the teleport into the CRRC however.

With a Nomex Fireteam named player, sl1, sl2, sl3 and the CRRC named ship, I put this as the OnAct of the trigger and it worked:

Code: [Select]
sl1 moveInCargo ship; sl2 moveInCargo ship; sl3 moveInCargo ship; player assignAsDriver ship; player moveInDriver ship;

The briefing came up, you saw your guys on the shore next to the CRRC, you were able to pick weapons for everyone.  Once you pressed Continue it faded to black, a little loading message came up and when it faded back in we were all in the CRRC with the proper weapons as chosen within the briefing.

Offline Rommel92

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 03 May 2008, 06:19:07 »
Code: [Select]
{_x moveInCargo ship} forEach [s12,s13,s14]; player assignAsDriver ship; player moveInDriver ship; Allows easier modifying of units inside the cargo?  :P

Offline Pirin

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 03 May 2008, 06:54:54 »
Yeah, my first try used foreach and the players group, but it wouldn't then assign/move the player into driver.  Not sure why... But your method is better by far! :)

Actually, now that I think about it, I might have needed to unassign cargo the player.. hmm.. I'll try that tomorrow, sleepy time now!
« Last Edit: 03 May 2008, 06:57:12 by Pirin »

Offline Rommel92

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 04 May 2008, 01:31:57 »
Well actually, you shouldn't really need to assign the player unless he is not the group leader, and same with the Ai, because assigning to positions is so the Ai group leader wont force you back in later.

Also, moving into a vehicle position automatically assigns you that position, not unnassigning means you keep the order to be in that position if not group leader....

hmm bit all over the place in that post, but oh well...