Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Keep a stationary chopper at a set hieght?  (Read 927 times)

Offline Bazooka_Boy

• Members
  • Proud to be a llama!
    • The Home of DJ Klimax
Keep a stationary chopper at a set hieght?
« on: 24 Apr 2008, 11:45:30 »
I would like to create a practice HALO mission.  I'm not working with scripts (which may be the problem) and although I can set the height of a chopper I cannot get it to stay at that height (ideally 1500 > 2000m).  Even if I set a small cycle of way points with the set pos command in each, over a pretty short space time the chopper drops to a height of a few hundred metres, which is too low to HALO.

Is it possible to keep the chopper at a specific height (whilst stationary) without using scripts?

Or if I need to use a script does anyone have an example?
Bazooka_Boy

If your happy and you know it then your wierd!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Keep a stationary chopper at a set hieght?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2008, 18:42:24 »
I would say you are exceeding by far the maximum operative height of the choppers in ArmA, so your choppers will fall like bricks. Try starting with 500m and then try higher and higher until you get a maximum height where your choppers are stable.

Offline Pirin

• Members
Re: Keep a stationary chopper at a set hieght?
« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2008, 00:59:34 »
It must be because Russian helos suck! :)  I did up a quick mission using a UH-60 and it's stable and stationary at 1000m.  I'll work on seeing if it can be adjusted up to 2000m.  When I tried to swap forces out for OPFOR, the Mi-17 started crashing no matter what altitude I set it at...

But anyway, here you go, HALO practice from 1000m quick and dirty.

Edit:  Setting the UH-60 to 2000m leaves it stable at 1500m, so maybe that's the max ceiling for AI helos?
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2008, 01:02:12 by Pirin »