Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: CoOp or a PvP Radio Trigger question  (Read 1156 times)

Offline SnarlingWolf

• Members
CoOp or a PvP Radio Trigger question
« on: 02 Apr 2008, 21:10:28 »
 :banghead: This Game is really doing my head in.

The Mission I have in mind it can be played as a CoOp or a PvP

Ok Bravo has an Objective to defend a compound but Bravo Leader has the option to Radio Support via (Radio Trigger)but if he does, it fails the first objective. and with this trigger I would like to send a order to Choppers to launch and Pickup (who are on their own missions at various points on map.). Alpha and Charlie get a message saying mission updated or at least saying they have a new Objective To join Bravo.

what would be the easiest to do this

And when replying please be specific as to tell me if the answer goes into a SQF or SQS or in the init field,ect.  Im not trying to be a pain but alot of people's responses have only confused me more as they dont specify what goes where. Kudos to the ones who have said (A is a SQF file and B is a SQS file and C goes into init field)

****EDITED**** To hopefully make things clearer
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2008, 18:47:32 by SnarlingWolf »

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Another Radio Trigger Question
« Reply #1 on: 02 Apr 2008, 21:32:16 »
Hi there SnarlingWolf!

First of all, it'd be good if you could make your question a little clearer, and also explain if this is the matter of a single-player or multiplayer operation. There are plenty of differences between the two modes, why we have a separate forum for MP-related questions. :)

The best I could figure it out, you a) Want only a certain group (Bravo) to be able to call for support via radio when a certain event has happened (become overrun). b) You want to spawn some new groups via this radio call, and c) One of these groups are choppers, that are supposed to pick up the other spawned groups at a base, and then presumable d) these choppers + groups come to Bravo's aid.

This is a lot more than a simple radio-trigger question, especially if it's MP-related.

First of all, I'd suggest ignoring the spawning - that's unnecessary hassle, unless this situation is something that will repeat itself many times. Just plop down the choppers and the groups from the start. Also, if this is SP, and Bravo is the Player, then there's no way he can even see the choppers picking up the other squads and such, so you don't need to show that - you can just moveInCargo the squads into the chopper (or have them there from the start!) and just move in the fully loaded chopper. Which basically boils down to : having a fully loaded chopper come in and help you out when you give the radio command, which can be done by using synchronizing, as is described in this part of the Beginner's tutorial.

Basically, place down a chopper, have two squads move into the chopper, then have the chopper wait by synchronizing its first waypoint with the radio trigger. However, if you want all that other stuff as well (the spawning and so on) you need to give us more information on why it is necessary, and why it has to be done the way you described. And also, as mentioned : if it's SP or MP.

If it's SP with teamswitch, and you only want Bravo leader to be able to activate the trigger, simply make the radio trigger's Condition line read:

Code: [Select]
this && Player == (leader bravoSquad)

bravoSquad being the group name of bravo, as decided by putting
Code: [Select]
bravoSquad = group this into the init field of any unit of the group.

More information is helpful, yes!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline SnarlingWolf

• Members
Re: Another Radio Trigger Question
« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2008, 21:45:03 »
I do apologize Wolfrug I must be posting in wrong area  :-[ for your future reference all missions I build will be CoOp or PVP lol, And Ill try to remember to specify and post in appropriate forum. Can some one please move this?

Seems to Work like a Charm. as far as limiting who can activate havent tried the rest of your suggestions will do so ASAP