Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: World War I modification project  (Read 1441 times)

boadle

World War I modification project
« on: 29 Oct 2002, 12:27:17 »
All,

As a games artist and conceptual artist, I have been doing some extensive research on creating a standalone World War I FPS. The era will be 1916, and the location will be a trench in Northern France, or perhaps Belgium. The style of the game will be highly immersive, with special attention payed to geography, sound and environment. Such accurate portrayal of the subject matter is - I believe - the only way to avoid public scepticism of a very sensitive conflict.

With that in mind, the inspiration for this project comes from OperationFlashpoint and Ghost Recon. Please note: This is not to e a Quake or Wolfenstein all-action FPS.

As an interim proof-of-concept, I am about to commence work on a MOD for OperationFlashpoint or Ghost Recon.

I am interested to:

1. Learn whether any members of this community know of a similar proejct which has been undertaken or is in progress.

2. Hear from other interested parties, with appropriate skillsets.

If any community-members would like to be considered for involvement in this project, please contact me off-list citing expertise and experience.

Many thanks in advance,

Lewis Boadle
Creative Director
Onemorego (www.onemorego.com)
Email: Lewisboadle@hotmail.com

JFK

Re:World War I modification project
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2002, 19:24:07 »
wow :o........that was......definitive

JFK

« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2002, 19:32:58 »
wow :o........that was......definitive

;) lol

sounds gud

boadle

« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2002, 19:47:52 »
LOL!

Hope it didn't sound too formal!

What really bugs me, is unclear emails...

"Doodz, i wrking on war mod loking 4 devs & designers all set in WWi please help no noosz or lamers bye"

Like that.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2002, 01:10:15 »
There was such a project a while back but I think it Died, that would be an excelent Mod, please continue  ;)

boadle

« Reply #5 on: 30 Oct 2002, 11:14:04 »
Punker,

do you happen to know who was working on it?

Lewis

Skaven

« Reply #6 on: 30 Oct 2002, 11:38:16 »
as explained before on the previews thread whitch was exactely like this one, I will repeat  ;)

We don't allow recruiting, please use the Trainnig Depot for that, you can find it here:

http://www.ofpec.com/training/index.php

Also we're very restricted to the time period we cover in the forum,, we only accept threads mainely from ww2 era to above, it's our politic, not that we don't love to play WW1 games or even sciece-fiction stuff, but we have rules and we live with them, we feel like there is still a lot to do from the period I mentioned, which doesn't make sense to start covering a more histirical period, maybe with time we'll get there, but not for now.
Anyway, welcome to the forum and please accept my excuses for Locking this Topic   ;)