Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Deployable Spawn Point  (Read 3750 times)

Offline Jambo17

• Members
Deployable Spawn Point
« on: 04 Feb 2008, 18:08:31 »
Hello I would like to create a deployable respawn that is stored in a soldiers equipment. The soldier should deploy a small tent this allows other players in his squad to respawn at that location (This is intended for long lasting coop missions)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Deployable Spawn Point
« Reply #1 on: 05 Feb 2008, 17:23:24 »
All you need to do is to move the respawn_west or respawn_east markers (setMarkerPos command) there where a player activates the desploy camp user menu action (well, and create the tent there too). This would work for a respawn base type game.

Offline Carroll

• Members
  • Mission Designer (MP-"well tryin to capiche"
« Reply #2 on: 05 Feb 2008, 17:36:35 »
Jambo17, you're gunna need to call a script that creates (or moves) the equipment you want on (or near) to the Players position using the getPos/setPos commands to locate the new possy's. In your script you could just create a few markers for the equipment to be created at. You could call the script via a radio command or an added action to the Player.

Sorry i couldn't be more helpful & include a full script for you to look at, perhaps when i get a bit more time i will post one, though i'm workin on a mission project at the moment & noticed your topic during one of my frequent reference visits to OFPEC & thought i should offer what advice i could.

to create an updated respawn marker via a script you could try something like;
Code: [Select]
;NewRespawn.sqs
titleText ["Setting up new respawn point...", "Plain Down"]
deleteMarker "respawn_west"
~1
_markerObj = createMarker ["respawn_west", position [i]SquadLeaderName[/i]]
_markerObj setMarkerShape "ICON"
"respawn_west" setMarkerType "FLAG"
"respawn_west" setMarkerText "New Respawn"
"respawn_west" setMarkerColor "ColorGreen"

Or in the activation field of some radio trigger...
"respawn_west" setMarkerPos position SquadLeaderName;*sry but they are untested & only concern the respawn point at this stage
« Last Edit: 05 Feb 2008, 17:50:12 by Carroll »

Offline Jambo17

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 08 Feb 2008, 00:24:30 »
The activiation trigger is great however the problem that creates is it moves the original spawn point. To put it into context, I'm modfiying Evolution for private clan use and we want to have Mobile Spawns or deployable, or both for that matter. I've looked at a few scripts espesically domantion but have no idea how to implent it into Evo.
What I also tried was implented Dr Eyes mp respawn script, I managed to make mobile spawns with it but combined with Evo it would crash to desktop as soon as the intro started.

So if you can work out how to make a spawn point, attacthed to a player or vehicle, which will work with Evo I'll be most greatful! :)

Offline Carroll

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 08 Feb 2008, 13:18:51 »
I've looked at a few scripts espesically domantion but have no idea how to implent it into Evo.
I pretty sure that this is not the right place to be asking for help modifying Un-official Addons/Missions of any description....But i'm not familiar with 'Evo' so i could be wrong

The activiation trigger is great however the problem that creates is it moves the original spawn point.
i thought that you wanted to move the original spawn point ??? . AFAIK each side spawns at a defined Marker named - "respawn_west", "respawn_east", etc...& that to move a spawn point you have to move the Marker using setMarkerPos...Well this is how i have always acheived it. Forgive me if i no longer understand what you are trying to do.

So if you can work out how to make a spawn point, attacthed to a player or vehicle
You don't have to use a trigger to activate it, you could addAction to a vehicle, object, player, whatever, or when an objective has been completed or an area cleared of enemy - using Condition....then call the script you want to move the spawn point to the new location;

- for example if you want to attach the "respawn_west" marker to a Vehicle use a loop in your script, something like this
;SpawnScript.sqs
#Loop
~1
"respawn_west" setMarkerPos (getPos VehicleName)
goto "Loop"
This will update the position of the vehicle you choose to be the spawn base once per second, and move the respawn point along with it. Just call the script from the Vehicles Init line or Init.sqs eg - this exec "SpawnScript.sqs". However keep in mind that the Vehicle itself may indeed be destroyed at some stage duing the mission or become immobile for whatever reason (Fuel low, Flipped, etc).
=====================================================================================================

EDIT: Okay now that i've read the new topics that you have posted about the same subject :blink:, let me think about what you might be able to do.....

I want to be able to spawn at base and be able to drive a vehicle which acts as a mobile spawn point.  People at the base or anywhere on the map then have the option via the action menu to spawn at the Mobile Respawn point.

Firstly you'll have to place your Map object, name it Map - his will be a map of Sahrani editor placed object i presume...

Okay, now once you've determined which 4 Vehicles you want as your 'Mobile Spawn Bases', you'll need to name them... (lets say we name them Vehicle1, Vehicle2, etc), you'll need to add 4 Actions to the Sahrani Map your using (i trust it is a Vanilla editor placed object  :scratch:), lets say we name this map object Map, eg;
   Respawn1 = Map addAction ["I choose Respawn #1", "Respawn1.sqs"]
   Respawn2 = Map addAction ["I choose Respawn #2", "Respawn2.sqs"]
   Respawn3 = Map addAction ["I choose Respawn #3", "Respawn3.sqs"]
   Respawn4 = Map addAction ["I choose Respawn #4", "Respawn4.sqs"]

Now, when the Player walks up to the Map, the Player will be given the option to select either of these selections...Lets say the Player selects 'I choose Respawn #3'. Now by doing this it will call the script called "Respawn3.sqs"....
;Respawn3.sqs
Player setPos (getPos Vehicle3)
exit
....Testing

EDIT: Okay this seems to work fine.....i walk up to the map after i respawn at Base (Marker named "respawn_west") & get a selection of which of the 4 vehicles, placed at various places on the map, i want to spawn at (Teleport at). Only problem i encountered was that i spawned in the centre of the Vehicle3 which was an M1A1 Tank... however i was able to walk out of it with ease, though i suggest that when you run the 'getPos' you move it a few metres from the actual position of the Vehicle, ie [0,0,2].

I think (hope) i answered your question in some sort...

« Last Edit: 08 Feb 2008, 21:18:06 by Carroll »

Offline Carroll

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 08 Feb 2008, 21:24:21 »
All appologies for the double post, just wanted to bump the original topic so that Jambo17 can see that i have Edited my previous post...not sure why he started 2 new topics on the same subject, but i think i may have a solution for him.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #6 on: 08 Feb 2008, 22:53:39 »
Actually there is no need to bump, if you edit a previous post the topic is marked with the 'New' icon anyway.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.