Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: few questions regaurding a scripted scene  (Read 1782 times)

Offline ZapBrannigan

• Members
few questions regaurding a scripted scene
« on: 08 Oct 2007, 06:35:55 »
Hey,

I have a scene where I need the player to get hit with somthing unknown and fall over on his back or stomach and not be able to move but still be able to look arround, and also he needs to be locked in the 1st person view.  How can I do that? I think it would involve switchmove to animations

thanks
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2007, 04:31:36 by ZapBrannigan »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re: few questions regaurding a scripted scene
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2007, 14:58:33 »
mandoble did somin similar in the forest... when u get dragged by wolfs... its a mision 4 OFP so if u got it check da MD... else hopefully hell see dis nd help u :P :D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2007, 17:59:21 »
Glad you had an answer here LCD- i was stumped and figured it was time to pick up the "batphone" and call Mandoble!  :)

Offline ZapBrannigan

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2007, 05:03:54 »
Ok, well Il just have to hope that the famous mandoble looks at my question. ;)
thanks guys.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #4 on: 13 Oct 2007, 20:47:29 »
Yep, I did it for OFP using player switchMove "LyingToPutDownLying" but no idea about ArmA animations, maybe you can use an anim-viewer to find the correct animation, perhaps Hoz might help here too.

Offline ZapBrannigan

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2007, 04:41:01 »
Ok, I have him fall over with a animation, i used player switchmove "AdthPercMstpSrasWpstDf_6" so not hes on the ground and can only look straight ahead. But there is grass in his face so he cant see the scripted event im about to do. Is there anyway to make the grass around the player go down?

Also I need the players leader to leave the group(which consisted of only him and the player) and go stand infront of the players field of view, and come up to him and bend down and be like"whats wrong" and stuff like that.

thanks

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #6 on: 14 Oct 2007, 11:05:15 »
thres a vehicle in da editor called grass cutter (or somin of da like... im not sure :P) u cud create it there.... it shud cut da extra grass uve got :D

LCD OUT

Offline ZapBrannigan

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 14 Oct 2007, 21:06:18 »
I found it and it works fantasticly. now all I need is the help with the other part.

thanks

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2007, 00:12:07 »
Hey, Zap, how about posting your grass cutting solution here, so we'll know how it works?

Regarding the other problem, here's a few suggestions:

Suggestion 1:

- Use doMove on the unit to have him move to the desired position in player's view.
- Use doWatch player to have unit face player.
- Play a crouch animation

Suggestion 2:

Sometimes doMove is not precise enough (i.e, the unit will refuse, or will stop 1 or 2 meters away from desired position).  In that case, try a series of playmoves (walking animations) to move the unit to the exact desired position.  To make sure it is exact, you can first setpos the unit (assuming he is outside of player's view to begin with) to an exact starting point, and setdir to point him in the rigtht direction.  That will guarantee the playmoves will land the unit in an exact ending position.  Just keep adjusting the start position until he moves to the correct spot.  That is the trick I used to have a unit walk backwards into the outhouse so the soldier was standing on top of the toilet and could see over the door (in the Last Tango in Bagango mission).  Once I had the correct starting position, I was guaranteed the unit arrived at my desired position 100% of the time.
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline ZapBrannigan

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 16 Oct 2007, 03:46:33 »

The grass cutter is just an object you will find in the editor and wherever you place it it will remove all the grass in maybe a 3 meter diameter circle.

How do I get him to leave the players group? I tried m1 join grpnull but it gives an error?

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #10 on: 16 Oct 2007, 11:27:14 »
[m1] join grpnull

dats da corect syntex :P

alwayz check da comref ;) :D

LCD OUT

Offline ZapBrannigan

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 17 Oct 2007, 04:14:34 »
Ok I got him to leave the group, thanks LCD
but I cannot get him with any acuracy to get to a place where the player can see him up close. He goes to different sides of the player depending on where the player falls. what if I were to create a weapon on the player and tell him to pick it up? then he would crouch too, and if I could freeze him there somhow, anybody know how I could do that?

And Ive noticed with the animation, It locks the players view so he cannot look arround. Is there one that does not do this?

thanks
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2007, 04:19:45 by ZapBrannigan »