Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: using edit field to set direction and distance to create a marker.  (Read 3123 times)

Offline jones

• Members
I changed that line of code and tried it a couple other ways and it wouldn't work for nothing. I ended up changing the IDC on the edit field to a numerical name i.e 100, 101,102. and it worked. For some reason when I give the idc a alphabetical name such as F_DIR it will not return the value.
I guess it doesn't really matter as long as it works. I will just give it a really high numerical name such as 5000. Any thoughts on why it won't return the value if it has a specific name like F_DIR?
For now i will use a numerical idc since it works. I have the framework for what I want so now I can add all the fluff and make it pretty. I really appreciate all the help.

Jones

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
LOL, I supposed your F_DIR, etc were gobal vars with numerical values. Dialogs idds and controls idcs MUST be numbers always.

Offline jones

• Members
I released that after 30 minutes of wondering what the hell was going on. My first test F_DIR were vars and I rewrote everything to use witht he script and without thinking made my idc F_DIR ect ect. Felt like a knuckle head when I realized what was wrong.