Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [MP][VS] Murder Simulator  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Lawrence

• Members
[MP][VS] Murder Simulator
« on: 30 Jul 2007, 16:24:02 »
Hoping more people can test these missions to find any bugs or anomalies I've missed.

Scenario:
This mission is a rebuild from the ground up of Serial Killers for OFP. I created my own version in OFP since the Serial Killers missions released were buggy in a lot of aspects, and I wanted to do away with a lot of the scripting the mission had that I didn't feel was necessary to run the mission. I've also added a lot of my own touches which I think greatly enriches this style of mission.

The scripts the mission uses aren't from Serial Killers at all, some I've had to use templates and others to edit to do what I want to do.

Mission Detail:
There are up to four serial killers placed randomly throughout the island of Sahrani. There are up to 20 police available who must track them down and kill them.

The Serial Killers must either kill all the 'civilians' in the marked towns or kill all the police.
The police must kill all the killers. There is one civilian in each town that the killers must track down and kill.

Police features:
Police are equipped with G36 rifles, ammunition, night vision goggles, and two smoke grenades. They have the ability to get more ammo at the airport, which is also where they start. They have access to 20 police jeeps and one UH-60 (no ammo) and an MH-6. They also have access to a refuel and repair truck.

Serial Killer features:
Each serial killer starts out with a silenced makarov and AK74SU. They spawn in offroad vehicles randomly placed on the map. In the cargo of the vehicles are an M107+ammo and satchel charges.

Mission features:
- skiptime script. Time is 'accelerated' by skipping time. Playing two hours of the game should get you through a complete 'day'.
- Urban Patrol Script. Urban Patrol Script is added to create many 'decoys' that the police may mistakenly track (instead of the killers) and the illusion of 'life' on the map. (This will be replaced with the DAC coming out soon)
- Many placed empty vehicles to use if killers or police crash or otherwise render theirs useless
- placed healing stations along the map so that both sides may heal. Trigger will activate letting everybody know when a civilian (possibly serial killer) goes to get healed.
- Trigger to warn police that a serial killer has entered their base.
- many placed vehicles with cycled waypoints to simulate things such as bus routes
- Trigger will activate letting everyone know that a civilian was killed. Will ONLY specify north or south sahrani, but users can check the map for a marker of the exact town that the person died in.

Known issues:
- Kegety's spectating script does not work.
- Team respawn is not enabled yet.
- buses do not stop at bus stops as of yet.
- Mission objectives do not update on debriefing.
- There are no team specific objective screens (I probably will not implement this).
- I have not added a script or figured out how to: 1. randomize faces of killers 2. turn off the identity (so that when you cursor over it, the police will not see that the civilian is a player).

There are two flavors: Regular and Lite. Regular uses the whole island and has up to 20 cops and 4 Serial Killers. Lite only uses South Sahrani and 10 cops and 2 killers.

I've done my best to add a lot of elements to allow both the cops and killers to use many tactics to obtain their objectives.

The missions can be downloaded with the attachment. Both missions are in the zip file. For direct download of each map in pbo form:
Regular Version
Lite Version

Offline Rellikki

• Members
  • Die-hard OFP player
Re: [MP][VS] Murder Simulator
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2007, 09:42:44 »
We had a several games with my friends, Hazer, Da Rat and a few public players with the lite version. I only wrote a review
of one game as a police though and some criticism at the end... So, here we go...

Package
No package. Would be much better if you packed it with a readme with a little description of the mission and your
contact details.

Description
Nothing wrong there.

Briefing
The briefing is fine. Little text, so it makes it clean. Some explainmations for the markers would be good though.

Mission
We started at the airfield. We took an MH6 and headed to Ortego. I flought it while Da Rat was on board it. I planned
to drop him near the killer when we got close to him. A civilian was killed in Corazol. We decided to switch pilots
so I landed on top of some fuel station but the chopper got dammaged and couldn't fly anymore. I also wounded my legs
when I fell off from the roof. Da Rat found a hatchback so we used it to go to Corazol. We didn't find anybody so we
headed to Airfield. When we were close to Paraiso, a civilian was killed there. We had a little search around it
but the killer was already gone. Another player, Robert_Hammer, joined us. He took a blackhawk and picked us up at Paraiso.
He brought me to airfield to heal myself and another civilian was killed at Somato. Da Rat and Robert_hammer flought
there with the blackhawk and I took a landrover. When I arrived to Somato, the two cops already had a firefight
with the killer there. I also took a fighting position behind the landrover to kill him and we finally got him.

Summary
Nice job doing a version of it to ArmA. However, I think it needs changing in some things. As I mentioned, some
explainmations for the markers would be good. To make it easier for cops, it would be better if you could stop the
killer from entering helicopters, or police station. Just give the polices a hint that he is trying to enter
there but don't allow him to. And to make it easier for killer, how about giving some time limit until choppers
are available, or like in OFP version, unlock the choppers in certain amount of kills. You should also give police
a note about the dead civilians that drive around the island. Some more weapons would add more fun too. Also, for
newbies, I'd recommend you add a picture of the killer in briefing or make an intro where you can see how the killer(s)
look like. Also, an outro when either polices are dead or killer is dead would be good. The mission doesn't end even
if the killer has been eliminated by the way - fix this. That's all for now. Good luck and nice job.

Project Beta Approved
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2007, 10:33:42 by Cheetah »