Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Converting OFP script to Arma help!  (Read 1332 times)

Maximus-Sniper

Converting OFP script to Arma help!
« on: 10 Jul 2007, 09:25:37 »
Hi all :)

I have run into a big problem here now. I can't use my old script from OFP in Arma :(
Do i have to recode all my scripts?

I was working with a [RAST]Sniper pack for OFP, but after a long brake, i decide to make finish my Sniper Pack, but run into lot of problems, not only the script but all my p3d files to :(
Maybe some of you want to help me with those script or just tell me what are changed in Arma since OFP, i mean script code..

Thanks 

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
Re: Converting OFP script to Arma help!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2007, 10:29:20 »
While there a lot of changes, many involving {} versus "", most of your scripts should work.  I de-PBO'd a large mission from OFP (Abandoned Armies) and 85% of the scripts worked.  I would try downloading Chris Henderson's Arma A editor (http://www.ofpec.com/ArmAResources/tools/ARMAEDIT_SETUP_112.msi) and it will "highlight" a lot of the changes you need to make.  But don't give up, its not super different!

Maximus-Sniper

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2007, 12:57:32 »
Thanks Lee!

But i have problems with Arma Edit on my computer, hmm don't know why.  ???

btw... my first error is this:
Code: [Select]
class EventHandlers
{
init= "RAST_InitEvent=loadFile ""\RAST\Script\RAST_System\RAST_InitEvent.sqf"" ; [_This Select 0] Call RAST_InitEvent ; [_This Select 0] exec RAST_TracerFxSqs";
fired= "if ((_this select 4) in RAST_M82fxAmmo) then {_this call RAST_M82fx}";
};

This code is from my addon in OFP and no problem there :)

So what do i have to change here or add to make it compatible with Arma?

Thanks

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2007, 13:52:55 »
In ArmA you need to use compile after loading a function with preprocessFileLineNumbers or loadFile.

MyFunction = compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "MyFunction.sqf");[whatever] call MyFunction;

Maximus-Sniper

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2007, 04:50:33 »

But it look likes i have to change allmost all my scripts, hmmm why did Arma change so much  >:(
Don't know what i'm gonna do with my unfinished Sniper Pack....

Thanks anyway :)

btw... if somebody wants to help me to convert. Just let me know :)

WarGamesQ

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2007, 19:11:06 »
you might wanna check this out:

http://ofpc.de/wargames/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?1420

Goal of OAC

Between Operation Flashpoint and Armed Assault there are some technical changes which don't allow a seamless transfer of content from OFP to ArmA. There are various different technical parts, yet OAC solely concentrates on the conversion of the CWC + Resistance class system, description.ext and scripts - in summary the technical side of missions.

At this point the goal is not an one-to-one mission conversion to Armed Assault. This is not possible due to the missing content in various aspects. The goal is to convert mission scenarios, templates and script systems. This means in detail that its main purpose is to make OFP content work in ArmA, not behave exactly the same. The process is meant to be as much automated as possible, still human interaction will still be required at some point. The project aims for doing the job as complete as possible. However in more complicated cases it will be a decision between effort and use.

So in summary the goal is to convert complex and advanced missions or scripting projects.