Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [COOP4] buds-US-5th-SFG - reworking  (Read 5693 times)

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
[COOP4] buds-US-5th-SFG - reworking
« on: 24 May 2007, 22:46:08 »
beta  v 4
Fixed specate script
added marker script  for better co ordination

spec-ops-US 5th SFG
==================
mission author
--------------
shark attack

mission type
--------------
CO-OP (teamwork voice comms recommended)
each player  leads a 4 man team of highly trained Green Berets
NO ADDONS REQUIRED
no of players 1-4

mission requirements
---------------------
ArmA V 1.08
NO ADDONS REQUIRED
====================
sit rep
========
US Navy Seals have succesfully captured the oilfields and the town of Arcadia..
However they remain under threat from enemy artillery units located in the mountains..
A team of US special forces are tasked to sweep through the area ..
Locate  and destroy  the enemy  arty positions

« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2008, 15:43:14 by shark attack »
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: co4@special operations part II
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2007, 10:24:09 »
4 player version on Artak's server during OFPEC MP testing.
Players: Trapper, Cheetah

As it was late, a lot went from for me. Being a bit tired I accidentally targeted 4x4 jeeps driving in front of me, my gunner kept pounding those jeeps whatever I did to stop him. After that, he killed me. Never knew it was so easy killing teammates.

I marked a few things, won't make a longer report because we played it three times, but only once got beyond the AA soldiers objective.

Briefing
-No weapon selection
-Map well marked

Mission
-Enjoyable intro
-Welcome start of the intro with the 4x4s
-Missed a medikit
-Couldn't heal myself at the first objective -> no hospital tent
-Don't know what happened, but everytime our front jeep got destroyed while driving through the curly road towards the town. Maybe an RPG'er, he makes things a bit too hard (Trapper lost all three of his men in a mere second).
-A lot of static enemies at the AA objective
-Like the setup of the artillery

That's about it. It was pretty good, but as it was late, not good enough to live to the end ;).
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: co4@special operations part II
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2007, 16:06:04 »
think  i know whats  up with  the  jeep  gunners 
happened  to me and rhys  also  ...   willl fix  ...
there is a random  rpg soldier   at the  hotel  on  the  roof   
it is a bit  unfair   will remove  him ...

thanx  for feedback ..

edit
====
updated  to beta v2  adressed issues  raised ...
========
thanx  again
« Last Edit: 27 May 2007, 13:03:11 by shark attack »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: co4@special-operations - part II
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jul 2007, 07:04:44 »
I tried it out tonite with my bud and found that spectating script wasn't working properly. Sometimes we'd get a message that All the Units were Killed, then the spectating script would pop up. Also I wasn't able to select other units in the script.

Other then that a pretty decent mission so far, were half way up the mountain.
Xbox Rocks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 05 Jul 2007, 19:47:30 »
thanx  for  heads  up  mate  ..  havnt  played  with this in a bit  ..  will check  out  the spectate  script  and  fix 
thanx  for  feedback ...  :good:

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jul 2007, 12:22:11 »
Had a bash yesterday at this with a mate and here are our observations:

Damn it's tough!
If AI are disabled at the lobby they still appear and get in their HMMWV's.

Apart from that,  :good:

I haven't enjoyed an Arma MP mission as much as this yet: cunning placement of loons, good distances between objectives and all the toys to play with in the ammo crates. We attacked this for 4 hours or so and it withstood all of our attempts, but despite that we'd come away saying "Ok, now let's try a different tactic" and go in again instead of just getting irritated with it.

The only request I'd make is edit the name, I alway thought that the @ symbol signified addons in a MP mission and special operations - part II isn't very memorable by the time you've got a list of 70-100 missions in the server list.

Cheers
 :cool2:

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jul 2007, 18:39:34 »
UPDATED V 3
===========
fixed spectate  script 
marker script  added  to  help  with co ordination
============================

hey  MrN  thanx  for feedback ...
afraid you cant remove the AI  unless group leader is disabled ...

again many thanx  for  feedback  ... cheers
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2007, 19:11:59 by shark attack »

Offline Rellikki

• Members
  • Die-hard OFP player
Re: [COOP4] buds-US-5th-SFG
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jul 2007, 03:03:20 »
Had a game with NBSVieiraPT again and we played this mission. :)

Briefing
The briefing is fine. One spelling mistake in the notes though:
youre -> your (x2)

Intro
Fine intro. Again, like in your last mission, kinda atmospheric with the song and rainy weather...

Mission
Me and Vieira loaded our hummer, armed with grenade launcher, with some weapons and we then headed for the hill south
of the village. Vieira bombed the village with grenades and I sniped from the platform. Once the village and the road
to the west seemed clear, we advanced to the village with the hummer and shot any remaining enemies. Objective
completed. We then headed for the artillery guns. Our plan was to make a circle from the right and destroy the guns
as we reached them. We drived up the hill a bit and stopped to shoot some enemies from the south-western artillery
position. We kept doing this for a while as we spotted more enemies and as we headed up on the hill top. We
then finally reached the southern artillery position of the western ones and cleared it. Then we were under attack
when the especas parachuted near our position. I shot down the chopper carrying them with a MG and then we holded our
position for a while until we had killed the especas. We grabbed some satchel charges from them and blew up the artillery
gun that we had cleared before the especas came. We then proceeded to the northern one and shot it with the hummer's
grenade launcher. We were under fire at this point and were flanked from some sides but we dealed with it. Then we headed
to the south and destroyed another gun. This was done pretty quickly because we had cleared this position already
while we were on the way to the hill top. Then we headed for the last artillery gun in hope that we would complete
this mission, but then we were under heavy fire from every side and our hummer got hit by RPG. It was so close...
We both got over 30 kills.

Debriefing
Didn't see it.

Summary
Again, a very nice mission which has lots to do and many ways to complete it. But this mission also had the same
problem as the Navy SEALs one. We didn't have any group members even if A.I. was enabled.

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: [COOP4] buds-US-5th-SFG
« Reply #8 on: 26 Jul 2007, 18:57:09 »
EDIT  v4
======
fixed  problems  with  ai  team mates
========================

many thanx Rellikki  for  heads  up    :good:

« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2007, 20:58:25 by shark attack »

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
Re: [COOP4] buds-US-5th-SFG - v4
« Reply #9 on: 29 Jul 2007, 16:14:32 »
hey Shark Attack,

About halfway through the mission now (will modify this post later to add comments on second half)

So far so good.  I like the challenge of attacking up and down a ridge and i liked the intro (though camera a little jerky sometimes, but not a big deal).

It wasn't clear that i should (or should not) attack with the other Spec Ops guys in their Humvees at the beginning. So i didnt-- they took a beating but a few survived to help me clear the AA.  Took me quite a few reloads to move up (lots of random SLA kept popping up out of nowhere). The sniper tower was tough too- i kept firing at it but the sniper laid down and could shoot back but i could not shoot him.  Maybe force the sniper to stand up?

Ironically the gun at Arty #1 blew itself up trying to shoot me at point blank range!

The Especas surprised me too, humbly had to reload a few times there.  Anyway, so far so good will let you know more!

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 29 Jul 2007, 16:56:38 »
very  hard  when  playing  alone ..
PM  me  and we can arrange a game  :good:

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
« Reply #11 on: 30 Jul 2007, 10:37:05 »
Glad you said that Shark Attack!  I did feel like i was reloading my dead player more than normal... :o   My PC is almost too obsolete to keep up with Battlefield 2, and I doubt it could handle AA online, but gracias.  Are you still making any single player missions?  check your PM will send you something interesting  :D

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: 30 Jul 2007, 19:35:17 »
got it mate  thanx ... :good:

dodgster00

« Reply #13 on: 10 Aug 2007, 15:23:10 »
I had a good time with this one last night.  A buddy and I played for about 2 hours.  Was unable to find the last 'hiding' guy at the AA site, must have took off.  Cleared hotel and first artillery site.  We will be playing this one again.  Thanks!   :good:

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: 10 Aug 2007, 15:26:54 »
Dodgster may I suggest that you write a beta report for the mission, like Rellikki did a few posts up. You can compete in Project Beta that way.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!