Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Split Group With Remaining Units EDIT  (Read 986 times)

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
Split Group With Remaining Units EDIT
« on: 21 Apr 2007, 13:27:17 »
Hi, another question,

I want to split the survivors of my group in two when I reach a certain WP. I begin with 10 soldiers me included and would like to make two groups of 5 or less soldiers, depending of course on who survived the mission. Is this possible at all? Thank You very much.

EDIT: lol, tja. I guess some editing this post is necessary. First,
I want to split the survivors of my group in two
. Thats totally wrong. Hehe, imagine. What I mean is: I want to make 2 groups out of the survivors of my group.

Although I am still interested into finding out how to seperate my group in two different groups, one which I still control and the other controled by a high ranked unit of the rest of the soldiers, my problem actually lays somewhere else.

My group has a GetIn WP synchronized with the Load WPs of the choppers, then the Load WPs of the choppers are synchronized with a trigger which has this in its condition field:

Code: [Select]
({_X In Chopper1 And Chopper2} Count Units DogSquad == {Alive _X} Count Units DogSquad)
I know this syntax is wrong. It's the "
...And Chopper2 part which is bad. Can anyone help me with this? Thank You.
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2007, 14:33:43 by Captain Crunch »
Back to the forest!

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: Split Group With Remaining Units EDIT
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2007, 23:02:32 »
Um are you trying to load the same group into two helis, but still under your command?
urp!

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2007, 23:21:38 »
Yes. I now use a bigger chopper, the Mi-17. But I would prefer to use the RACS chopper, the Mh-6.

What I tried was, only one chopper would fly in for the evac if my group was equal or smaller than 5 units and two would fly in if my group is bigger than 5 units.

I tried having the two pilots in a group and sepearted. But whatever I tried, only the first chopper landed.

Each chopper has its load waypoint situated over an invisible H and I tried different paterns like synchronizing the Load waypoints with the GetIn of my troop or synchronizing the two Load waypoints together and then one Load waypoint with my GetIn or also tried puting down two GetIn waypoints and synchronize them each with a Load waypoint but no go, of course. Logically it doesn't work. But I just can't find a way to do it. Can You help me?

EDIT 1:

I do not use the trigger anylonger since sychronizing the Load and GetIn waypoints is working great. Except for the two RACS choppers idea.

Thanx in advance.
Back to the forest!

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #3 on: 23 Apr 2007, 23:33:36 »
Heavily Edited!:

Place two H's and two load WPs. Synch your group's getin WP to each load.

For each chopper, their next move waypoint after the load  put in the condition (instead of the default this):
(({_X In Chopper1} Count Units DogSquad) + ({_X In Chopper2} Count Units DogSquad)) == ({Alive _X} Count Units DogSquad)
This is tested and works. You must still order your troops into each chopper.

Find attached a demo missionette:

« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2007, 01:03:13 by Mr.Peanut »
urp!