Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: unmanned recon plane  (Read 1119 times)

recon

unmanned recon plane
« on: 23 Oct 2002, 07:09:36 »
Im not entirely sure if this is possible, but it would be cool to have an unmanned recon plane, it could be controlled through a video link and it would cut down the risk of loss of your soldiers. get your brains around it!
                            (recon)cheers.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:unmanned recon plane
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2002, 18:56:40 »
being made by me and fliper + BAS - no release date as yet as fliper and I are busy.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

recon

« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2002, 01:32:04 »
Nice one, i will look forward to it.
           keep up the good work.
                          (recon)

ZIKAN

« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2002, 17:26:37 »
just wonderin about this actually...
I read on  a news site they are using these un-manned drones to search for the sniper in Washington. But it seems these drones cant be used to operate at night  ??? is this true? is it because its so dam hard to remote fly something in darkness ? or something to do with the 'tech' side of things.

I hope this add on gets made  :thumbsup:

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2002, 18:52:43 »
it has been made, but it got put on hold since we couldnt make custom gear anims - now sefe has worked out how, and we can continue with it.

heres as far as i got with it, one of the rear tails is missing due to a hitch in O2, but otherwise it works nicely  ;)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #5 on: 24 Oct 2002, 21:49:10 »
Zikan without going into much detail, I can tell you that the most modern UAV's have no trouble operating at night in total darkness, and inclement weather... they fly for the most part on auto pilot to the target zone using GPS, and other gear. They are of course equipped with all manner of sensors including radar, FLIR, laser rangefinders, and so on...
They can, do, and will continue to operate at night... and the badguys cannot hide from them. And keep in mind they are now being armed with air-launched weapon as well, and have used them to kill quite a few of the enemy in Afghanistan.