Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Airbursts  (Read 1475 times)

Offline ACF

• Members
  • Llama?? Ain't that French for tanks?
Airbursts
« on: 10 Mar 2007, 15:04:42 »
In OFP I could create a nice, functional airburst with something like:

{_burst = _x CamCreate [_x,_y,30]} ForEach ["HEAT120","GrenadeHand"]

This took advantage of a useful property that ammo classes would detect each other and mutually detonate leaving no temporary objects that needed to be deleted.

Unfortunately, the same does not seem to be true of ArmA ammo classes - two CreateVehicle'd shells will drop to the ground and detonate there. Is anyone aware of an object that could be used as a 'detonator' for a CreateVehicle'd projectile? Thanks...

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: Airbursts
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2007, 15:13:19 »
Try "Bomb"

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline ACF

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2007, 15:56:31 »
Tried "Bomb", but it bombed... nice fire & smoke, though.

CreateVehicling 2x "Bomb" ends up with them lying on the ground. I shot at one (the model is an artillery projectile, by the look of it) and was surprised to find that it set it off. Class 'Bomb" can be set off by damaging the projectile by SetDamage or weapons.
CreateVehicling "Bomb" + "Sh_122_HE" appears to drop the both to the ground where the shell is enough to detonate the bomb.
CreateVehicling "Bomb" + "grenadehand", a single grenade isn't man enough to set the bomb off.

Incidentally, I tried to see if a "Mine" would behave the same way as a "Bomb" - potentially useful if it could be set off by damage - but it can't.

Thanks for trying.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2007, 17:46:25 »
This does work, wait for a bit Mandoble will be round sooner or later, he will have all the relevant details to help you.....it does work.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline ACF

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2007, 18:10:14 »
Yes - Mandoble has cracked it and I now have something working, just not in a ForEach loop.

Anyway, this link has a link to the solution (to give credit where credit's due):

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=16476ed321d800c768dd478b708f9d54;act=ST;f=71;t=59478

Thanks again.