Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Object Height - Stacking and Adjusting  (Read 1205 times)

Offline satexas69

• Members
Object Height - Stacking and Adjusting
« on: 04 Mar 2007, 11:38:57 »
Odd situation - I have a mission where I've made walls stacking the "Wood Fence" object (looks like a sandbag wall)..

The first is done with no adjustments...
The second layer on top of it has :  this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) +0.85]
And the third layer has this:  this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) +0.85]

That makes a way that's nice and tall, allows you to take out the middle layer for nice sized windows you can shoot out of, etc etc.

But if I host my mission and play it on my pc in multiplayer, it works fine - but if I put it on my dedi-server, it fails, and either the 2nd and 3rd layers have "disappeared" or they all fell down on top of the first layer.

Furthermore, it's pretty SAD the if I box myself in with ONE short layer of the Wooden Fence, which is VERY short, the AI won't shoot me. They won't shoot over the "fence".

Ideas? I'd like to build stuff and somehow stack objects...

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Object Height - Stacking and Adjusting
« Reply #1 on: 04 Mar 2007, 13:21:44 »
AFAIK, setpos is broken for MP for some reason, been so since OFP-times, no idea why  :( Maybe someone with more MP experience can answer that (hey, guys, why isn't there a separate MP-scripting forum for ArmA? Huge differences often between MP and SP, after all?).

As to the shooting-over-sandbags, Blanco here : http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=28856.0 had the same problem. All I know are good ol' OFP solutions (setdamaging the object), which obviously don't work for ArmA...hm. Beats me anyhow.

Do they fire over the sandbags when standing up? Have you checked to see if it's a specific "won't shoot over" issue, or a spotting issue? (i.e., try putting units behind the sandbags, and then revealing enemies to them using the reveal command, and see if that works?).

As to the name, Wood Fence...heh...many of the default objects have flaky names, like "Shed" and "Shad", "Wire", "Fence", etc. Gives ya a good ol' tingly feeling of home.  ;)

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"