Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [COOP4] -special-operations- fixed reworking  (Read 6154 times)

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
[COOP4] -special-operations- fixed reworking
« on: 07 Feb 2007, 16:55:45 »
EDIT .. bug  found  fixing

co4@special-operations   final version
========================
Reworked for four players each player leads a four man team
suitable as single player mission (non selected units have orders which they will follow)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
CO-OP (teamwork- voice comms recommended)
no of players -1 to4
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
mission requirements
------------------------------
ArmA V 1.07 beta.... NO ADDONS REQUIRED
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
situation report
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
prior to task force invasion several of the enemys key assests must be siezed .. namely the oilfield in the south of the island for obvious reasons and the town of arcadia for its suitable beaches and jettys for landing craft ..
however several of the enemys defences must be destroyed before task force deployment can proceed..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
many thanx  to beta test  team

Lee
Cheetah

==================

12 player  version    http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=1d67a4918b781f23b78c2d423ee4cf0d;act=ST;f=67;t=57874

« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2008, 15:46:46 by shark attack »
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: co12@-special-operations
« Reply #1 on: 03 Mar 2007, 14:42:20 »
UPDATED....for patch 1.05
« Last Edit: 03 Mar 2007, 18:13:28 by shark attack »

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
« Reply #2 on: 07 Mar 2007, 00:15:17 »
hi Shark Attack, downloaded your mission and am about halfway through. I've definitely enjoyed it so far, and recommend others giving it a try.

Intro-- good, i like the Doors music and the snapshots of objectives. Maybe linger another few seconds on each?

Briefing-- all the info there, though feels slightly cluttered, could be more concise, but no worries

Mission-- Definitely forced me to check my flanks!  I got shot a few times from the side before I deployed some of my squad to cover each direction.  My only criticism so far is-- would be nice to have some voiceovers, some Retry savepoints, and the OPFOR seems to attack piecemeal at times.  But its been some good action and i'll fill you in once I finish it later this week...

Lee

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 07 Mar 2007, 10:54:41 »
thanx Lee ...    :good:

agreed ... it would be nice to add voice overs (just trying to keep filesize down)..
also i wasnt aware that savegame could be implimented in multi player ..
i will look into it ... would be nice to have .. thanx for suggestions ..

and many thanx for taking the time to get back to me ... much obliged mate ... nice one   :)

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2007, 02:28:08 »
Almost done with it Shark Attack, been a busy weekend... I'm on the last segment of the mission, to destroy the 6 artillery pieces.  My only comment here so far is that perhaps the random enemy patrols would've dug in by now, after all the fighting to the SE of them?  I am watching them move around leisurely through binoculars after my platoon and the army Rangers savaged their units near the oilfields.  Anyway, more to come, so far so good! :)

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2007, 10:25:57 »
good point mate ..

indeed for realism the enemy should be dug in ..
just trying to spread the action evenly throughout .. will take a look and see if i can come up with something..

again many thanx for the input Lee
nice one mate :good:
=================================
REWORKED AND UPDATED  FOR 4 PLAYER CO-OP
see top post
« Last Edit: 03 May 2007, 16:43:58 by shark attack »

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
Re: co4@-special-operations
« Reply #6 on: 29 Mar 2007, 03:17:19 »
hey Shark Attack check your ofpec profile messages, just sent you one (don't want to give away mission secrets on the forum)

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 13 Apr 2007, 18:12:08 »
co4@ special operations (single play friendly)
updated to version 2
===============
see top post for changes..
hopefully this is the final version of the mission ...

many thanx to Lee for youre input mate ... nice one  :good:

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 02 May 2007, 22:59:41 »
READY FOR REVIEW
==============

thanx to all for input    :good:

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: co4@-special-operations - ready to review
« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2007, 23:29:18 »
just played it on 107 beta
needs some minor  adjustments
spectate script dosnt work since patching
also  seems  much  lighter since patching

feel free to continue with review
« Last Edit: 17 May 2007, 23:33:54 by shark attack »

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 21 May 2007, 01:06:46 »
Tested this one today with Swelego, Issetea and Shark attack on Artak's server - OFPEC MP testing

Briefing

Needs a few capitals in the objectives, other than that it was clear. The weapon selection was slow for me so I decided not to choose other weapons, the default equipement was pretty good though so I was happy.

Mission intro

Radio hasn't been disabled for the intro of the mission which allowed a radio message "blabla @ 12 'o" to sneak in during the intro. That's just a matter of polishment though, the intro itself was descriptive and short enough for an MP mission. If people want to turn it of there is a parameter for that in the unit selection menu, well done.

Mission

I found that the first aid action which gets available to you after you're hit is still attached to a body after your death and respawn. This allowed me to activate the action on a body - previously mine - and watch the soldier resurrect in the medic stance after which he fell on the ground again. You might want to remove the action after the player dies in order to prevent such a thing. Just a matter of polishment though as the script itself works fine - although I prefer seeing my medic, if he is still alive and around.

The atmosphere in the mission was good, each player gets a squad to play with and respawn in - they're good shooters so it pays out to have them with you. In a lot of long range encounters they were helpfull. What I lacked was some information on the other groups. The idea of the mission is that every team carries out its own objectives, in order to do that the communication has to be top notch. Here, the author could've added a dialog system for example or maybe map markers to show the leader of each group on the map. This allows for easier communication between the groups if the players opt for that play. We choose to go to each objective at the same time as it would give more cover and backup.

There is a spectate script, by Kegetys, which helps when you run out of respawns. Helps you to entertain yourself when you caught too many blue beans. For us the difficulty was about right on, four players each commanding their own groups of three AI players makes a total of 16 men. When we were to the third objective, only four or five were still alive. A pretty good score considering the amount of men we eliminated in the other two objectives. The rangers arriving after you take down the shilka's helps with the atmosphere, although I never actually saw that. Well, wasn't aware at first that they were Rangers. They could have moved up faster towards the oil derricks, they were rather slow.

Haven't completed this mission as I had to go, but as you were still there you know what happened after I left.

Overall

Enjoyable mission, which is pretty difficult but gives you an Iraq-feeling - the atmosphere is pretty good.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2007, 01:08:33 by Cheetah »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 21 May 2007, 21:54:17 »
cheetah
thanx for the heads up  on first aid script  will fix it
and yes  the rangers  (bloody cowards)  will sort that

just a note -
all teams  share the same objectives
they do not each have there own ... each group has waypoints ... which show that
nice idea about markers though for each group leader

thanx  again
« Last Edit: 22 May 2007, 19:14:59 by shark attack »

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: co4@-special-operations- part 1
« Reply #12 on: 24 May 2007, 21:42:30 »
edit
====
mission updated  .. all issues adressed ...
thanx  again  guys   for heads up   :good:

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #13 on: 26 May 2007, 10:39:27 »
4 player version. We played this mission during the OFPEC MP testing.
Players: Trapper, Nana, Iceman (for a few minutes) and Cheetah

We enjoyed it, but sadly couldn't complete the mission. A lot of guys were lost in the fight against the Shilka's and SLA troops guarding the oil. No important comments.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: 26 May 2007, 22:05:37 »
I really like the mission, the intro is pleasant and the difficulty feels good.
The waypoints are perfectly guiding, but I have no idea how good it'll play on a veteran server without waypoints. I hope you thought about that, too.  :)