Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Airstrike  (Read 11210 times)

BlessTheMachine

Re: Airstrike (review please)
« Reply #45 on: 23 Sep 2006, 22:49:24 »
Hi i was testing this mission that Tom post on this threat on PC and is a good mission, so i decided to convert it to xbox version for xbox players can test it. Thanks Tom for that mission, good Job, now is possible to play it on xbox version.
for xbox users, need to modify the profile to Bomber or change mission profile with elitness program. Is Single player mission.

Edit: attached mission (OFP xbox Airstrike mission.rar) lost in the crash of 2009 - WEK
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2011, 00:23:52 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline Jimboob

• Former Staff
« Reply #46 on: 27 Sep 2006, 19:13:11 »
Check your private messages Tom

Offline Tom

• Members
  • BMPs are my nemesis
« Reply #47 on: 29 Sep 2006, 09:53:45 »
i hate to be a noob, Jimboob, but i didnt get anything  :confused:
"In times of war, do not crave honour. Do not pray for order, amity or surrender. Ask only that you outlive the day."

Offline Jimboob

• Former Staff
« Reply #48 on: 29 Sep 2006, 12:09:03 »
Seem's that still doesnt work.. I'll add you to MSN then.

Offline Tom

• Members
  • BMPs are my nemesis
« Reply #49 on: 01 Oct 2006, 08:29:05 »
OK. I go by the name of "Grenademan" so watch out. Sorry for neglecting the site for ages, i just started my new job...so OFP will have to wait a while...
"In times of war, do not crave honour. Do not pray for order, amity or surrender. Ask only that you outlive the day."

Offline Blacknite

• Members
  • Chiefs runs the navy!
Airstrike by Tom
« Reply #50 on: 17 Jun 2007, 06:25:11 »
File: Airstrike(66.88Kb)
Version: Final
Requires: OFP 1.46
Author: Tom
Score: 7
Type: Single Player
Addons: None
Description:You play as an A-10 pilot who must fly a solo mission to bomb a Russian convoy on Malden. Once the convoy has been destroyed, you must return to base and land.

Reviewer: Blacknite

Overview:
Pretty good picture, needs a shadow behind the border, but overall, not bad.

Intro:
None.

Briefing:
The mission plan, map and objectives are clear and straightforward. Further objectives have been added in nicely, and have been kept well hidden.  Links are all working, including the extra information under the notes section.  However, there is no weapons selection - although why would you need one? You're a pilot!

Mission:
In this mission you have to destroy a Russian convoy with an A-10.  Pretty straightforward you would think, but there is an extra little objective that you must accomplish afterwards.  You will find yourself low on weapons after the convoy, and must face a greater threat as you make your way home.

Outro(s):
None.

Special:
None.

Summary:
There are no sound clips, which would have improved the game style as well as the score, but instead the author used radio messages for the talking.  If you get lost, like me, there are some other "easter eggs" per se, that you would find.  Unfortunately for me, they weren't friendly to my A-10...

Landed home safely, and started partying all night long...  Very well put together mission, highly recommended for those who prefer to strafe their targets with an airplane, and those who like air combat.

Scores
Overview - 8
Briefing - 8
Scripting - 8
Camera - 1
Overall - 7/10

The beta thread for Airstrike can be seen here.
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2011, 00:24:49 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: (Review Completed) Airstrike
« Reply #51 on: 17 Jun 2007, 14:09:40 »
Review Completed by Blacknite.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2009, 21:52:03 by Planck »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
Re: Airstrike by Tom
« Reply #52 on: 29 Jun 2007, 18:44:52 »
    Tom and Blacknite , yes author used radio messages for the talking bugged me. dont do that again Tom  :) Briefing was more then the mission, although the mission was good for an A-10 with no addons. the mission is very hard, [ i found anyway] AI was strong and tricky! ,,,
this mission is worth a go as Blacknite said "for air play in ofp"  :) cheers Schuler
Semper Fi