Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: looking for advice on which mods to try  (Read 2026 times)

billclo

looking for advice on which mods to try
« on: 09 Dec 2005, 19:38:01 »
Hello. Just got OFP, and I was wondering which mods I ought to try out. There's a ton of them obviously, and I'm confused.

I'm primarily looking for ones that have nicer than standard OFP graphics, and I'm a realism nut. Prefer modern era, US/Soviet. UK/NATO are also possibilities.

Since I'm new here, after I download the mods (and perhaps unzip/decompress them), where do they go and how are they accessed?

Thanks in advance.

LoTekK

Re:looking for advice on which mods to try
« Reply #1 on: 09 Dec 2005, 19:59:28 »
There are two good threads on the developers' forums:
Best add-ons list
and
Turning OFP into your favorite game

The generally preferred method of setting up the mods is to use mod folders. So for example, the ECP mod would go in an @ECP directory within the main game directory (the @ is simply to keep all the mods listed together in folder view). Then to access them, modify your game shortcut so it reads something like
c:\games\operationflashpoint\flashpointresistance.exe -mod=@ECP

Alternatively, there's a link to a launcher in the second link which makes everything a lot easier. :)

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #2 on: 09 Dec 2005, 20:33:59 »
If you are looking for realism, you need to have a look at FDF Mod 1.3. From the mods I have tried to this date, FDF Mod has provided the most realistic feeling.

FDF Mod website

Weapon sounds are excellent in FDF Mod. They sound very close to what I heard while I was in the real FDF.

:)

yankme

« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2005, 03:02:04 »
welcome billclo  :) LoTekK's right have a look around, lots to see. OFP was your best chose for starters, ECP inproves graphics. addons that are a must have are here, play the champain aswell. the addons for this mission are a must have for present day conflicts. there is a island called Tonal and rangers with JAM, realistic heli's and the lot ...
http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?ID=1320
   enjoy  ;D

billclo

« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2005, 03:19:23 »
Thanks for the info so far. I've tried out both the ECP and Y2K3 mods. I do like the look of the Y2k3 mod, though I guess I ought to try the Finnish mods too.

Bummer that Y2k3 and ECP don't work together.

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #5 on: 10 Dec 2005, 17:39:13 »
Update for the FDF Mod info: In addition to downloading FDF Mod version 1.3, download also update to version 1.4. FDF Mod 1.3 is required.

FDF Mod website

:joystick:

yankme

« Reply #6 on: 16 Dec 2005, 01:59:12 »
Baddo hey ive been trying to download FDF everynight i allways get a zip thats 64mg or 120mg but never the hole thing! and iam signed on, so i know its not like iam signing out and losing the download , any suggestions???? yank

Tuulos

« Reply #7 on: 18 Dec 2005, 09:08:00 »
Yankme i suggest you try to download from different server. I never experienced that. And everyone of Ballistics addons should be downloaded  ;D