Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: addons vs load time  (Read 1384 times)

yankme

addons vs load time
« on: 28 Nov 2005, 21:42:28 »
is the amount of addons and or islands you have in any way directly proportional to the amount of time it takes to load the exe? [ encluding target of the exe.] with ECP it loads the program then the island. and with resestance i have '' "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nosplash -nomap     its really the addons iam asking about!!!

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:addons vs load time
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2005, 23:46:59 »
Generally, the more addons you have in your addon folder, the longer it takes the game to load to the main menu.

Try starting the game with a clean addon folder.......just the official addons in it.........it loads quite quickly to the main menu.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

yankme

« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2005, 02:40:31 »
ok, see that gives my the idea of making folds with addons i dont use or might need for a mission, also lets me think about testing betas because of the lots of addons some writers are useing thanks Planck

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
« Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2005, 04:14:11 »
My suggestion is to do what I did: create a seperate mod folder for all your 3rd party addons. Keep all the vital addons in the addons folder (official addons and things like editor updates and NIM's weather). That way you have control over what addons are used with each shortcut. Meaning if you're running ECP or FFUR, load times are cut dramatically. ;)

yankme

« Reply #4 on: 29 Nov 2005, 13:45:35 »
crave22, that sounds like a good idea, sometimes waiting over 20sec,, and i have no finger nails left

Planck and crave22 thanks guys  8)