Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ATI Radeon and OFP  (Read 1179 times)

Mizilus

ATI Radeon and OFP
« on: 22 Nov 2005, 01:10:37 »
A friend of mine has a Toshiba laptop with an ATI Radeon and running XP.

He has a couple  problems I wonder if anyone else has had and what to do about them.

He can never see explosions. No light, no smoke, nothing but the black mark/crater of where the explosions occured.

Also, when trying to run the Invasion 1944 mod, he gets a "Cannot create 3D device: adaptor 0 (ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP) Fullscreen Resolution 800x600, format X8R8G8B8/D2458, refresh 75 Hz, Error D3DRR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY

Seems to me we have put "-nomap" in there and he has still had problems. I'm heading over there so I will check it out and check back here.

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
Re:ATI Radeon and OFP
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2005, 01:39:05 »
The mods will be here soon to direct you to the Official Forums, as this site is editing only, we don't do tech support here.

However, before you go, I will see if I can help just a bit.  The explosion issue may be because cloudlets are disabled.  When you load OFP, there should be an option called "Options" ( ::)), click it.  When that loads, click video options.  When that screen loads, make sure that cloudlets are enabled.

As for the second problem, it sounds like there are too many addons in his addons folder.  Try using mod folders.

-Pilot
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2005, 01:46:12 by Pilot »

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:ATI Radeon and OFP
« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2005, 04:17:34 »
Indeed............ What Pilot said.     ;)

As this is off-topic I will have to lock it.

The official forums Troubleshooting board is the place to be.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.