Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [CAMP] Yankie Stalker (DF campaign)  (Read 12743 times)

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
Re:Yankie Stalker (DF campaign)
« Reply #30 on: 11 Nov 2005, 08:10:34 »
@Mikero
Thanks for your ideas and great help with english texts!!!!

Top secret

chopper remains suspended in air, you need to fix that.
I can't. I think this is the BAS blackhawk bug. I do nothing just run that AIfastrope.sqs, that in the BAS pbo. If you look back to the chopper with your scope, it's start back... ???

an annoying double-up of actions with raise/lower nvg, and put on/off nvg. Something wrong here.
This is the LSR RangerDelta MOD's problem. I can't fix it.

2 x sentry at officer tent are un-realistic. If I shoot at any of the tank crew, most of them spring into action. (one did not, the bmp driver i think). All of the camp in fact go alert except these two sentries who just stand there.
They are guarding the tent. Is it enough if they setbehaviour "AWARE" but don't run anywhere?

the ammo boxes in tent current disguise him. You cant move the boxes, you can move him.
:) This is an original BIS tent, I did'nt put these boxes there. These ARE there.
I fixed if you 'accidentally' shot down the officer, the mission fail...

These ground troops would have standard issue unsilenced stuff.
The guys who capture you, aren't regular GIs. They are spetzNaz and they waiting for you. They are 'more professional' then you... ;)

A black op *always* has binocs. It's not good that I don't have any, this is not realistic for what is expected of me.

OK. I'll fix it!

You should remove the M21 for that reason.
I don't understand why? This is a scoped rifle...

remove the LAW ability altogether.
OK. I want give free choice to the player, but you have right!

Thanks Mikero again!
And please download the last version (1.04)... please.
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2005, 10:05:15 by bardosy »
Fix bayonet!

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #31 on: 11 Nov 2005, 08:21:58 »
The Exchange

please fix the title to above (or similar) 'change' is wrong.
I think I fixed it.

If I don't grab a weapon, the cutscene shows me as if i were holding a rifle.
It's interesting. I'll check it. In the cutscene you are you and I didn't put weapon in your hand.

Change me to safemode eg.
Errr... maybe not. Because they are not in safe. Near to the road... maybe come a reinforce or something patrol. I want suggest: we are not in safe.

I got into driver's truck and drove away, you might want to do something about that

I hope the players will be smart and follow the resistance leader.

The theme isn't developed enough for WHY we were 'freed'. You say so, but don't show so. Suggestion.
In that mission, there is a LoseOutro. If you get a weapon and figh against the resistance and all resistance fighter is dead, the alternate ourto begin: the truck arrived to a marsh and the russian soldiers execute you and your mate. I hope this is a 'Suggestion'  ;D
Fix bayonet!

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #32 on: 11 Nov 2005, 10:17:28 »
Oh I almost forgot...!!!

Mikero,
yesterday I played the whole campaign and I have no any problem in ths submarine mission with bridges. I set the formation to column and they follow me like in the kindergarten...  ;D

And I inserted a new feature, if you taken a picture about a sub, an X mark in the map where was this sub. And you can count how many founded from the 5.

In that mission there is a patrol squad. They rest in a base defended by MGs and if any russians in the area detect you, they get in Ural and drive where you detected last time. They have NVG and elite experience. If they found you, it's a little bit hard(*). But if not, they get in the ural and drive back to the base until any russian detect you again.

(*) = yesterday I shoot down the ural's driver in the middle of a bridge. The "elite" russian guys get out, but the AI didn't use the bridges fine and we can kill them all like a turkey. But some days earlier they shoot me many times (there is a guy in the partol with a Dragunov and NVG, he made me mad)

And Mikero, I inserted a Hint in the briefing (in the Note section) about AI blackops and the bridges. Please check it if you'll arrive to this mission.

Sorry for this post, but I like this mission  ;D
Fix bayonet!

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #33 on: 11 Nov 2005, 11:52:43 »
@Barodsy, ok, will do.

these are the breifings and csv for mission02 which are unilkely to have changed much
--edit---
>setbehaviour "AWARE"

yep. afaik. they are, after all supposed to be sentries, so staying there is good, standing there, is not (after all, shooting started)

>>remove M21
>I don't understand why? This is a scoped rifle...

it's fine, it, AND binocs shouldn't go together since they are effectively same thing for vision. So, being black  op (strong imho here) you either give us binocs, standard, or, you force us to use M21, but not both. Ie, you would feel 'better' about it if you _really_ didn't want to give me binocs if you set me with M21 immediately. But, it shouldn't be selectable, by me, if binocs are there.

gear selection is about personal preferences. Worst thing you can do, is put a heap of stuff in there and expect US to select it because we HAVE to. Generally speaking, it's up to the author to equip a player 'reasonably' in the first place, and leave gear selection to personal favorites, a SMALL bonus. but nothing should be there that isn't already on the players body, IF, that weapon is essential. Put yourself in a players position Bardosy, and imagine how it feels for them if they're told their stupid because they couldn't play (finish) a mission because they selected the WRONG stuff. HOW WOULD THEY KNOW??? You don't say anyone is stupid, just imagine how stupid, a player feels.

>remove Law

only a suggestion, it's your mission, if you want players to attack the T80s that is precisely what WILL happen if they have law. You dont want them to? no law. They have no chance in hell if they do attack the tanks, but, attack them they will. It's your mission, you just have to decide if that's "ok" by you and then suffer the complaints from them that YOU didn't give them ENOUGH law !!!!!!

>you have right!

no, i most certainly do not. It's your mission.

>I hope the players will be smart and follow the resistance leader.

think like a player. Would you? just because author wanted it? Or, would you be deeply suspicious of the resistance and fully expect them to shoot you in the forest? Think like a player bardosy, not, how you want the mission to happen. The border is just 'over there'. I am going home, no matter what you wanted me to do. You can't have it both ways, because many of your missions are tricks. We wont follow orders because of it, you have to make it difficultnot to, *because* you trick us so often (a good thing). Believe me, if i really was 'smart' no way in hell would i 'follow the resistance leader'. _that_ really is smart.
---
small niggle with mission 02 at it's very beginning. There's an awful lot going on (a good thing), it is inevitable player will miss some of your titletext or even the hint, I think you really need to keep re-inforcing on the player to follow the officer INTO the forest. just keep belting him with titletext until he does. It's important for your storyline that player does, in fact, get to north of forest, and he wont, without strong strong strong, messages from you.
I keep getting contradictory messages (not your fault) to target the enemy. Kepp over-riding them with titletext ordering me to run, run, run.

whoops another edit

just spotted my notes on border line they read as follows:

Borderline

suggest you change the title to above (no space) it reads better and has a double meaning.

BUG

I don't know the reason for it, it's an 'engine feature'

missing addon lsr_uswp

this, because an lsr handgun in selected in my equipment (Mk 23 SOCOM md). You have to *manually* enter this required addon in addons[]= in your mission.sqm

« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2005, 12:51:25 by Mikero »
Just say no to bugz

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #34 on: 11 Nov 2005, 12:53:46 »
The border is just 'over there'. I am going home,
Wow, now I undestand! Great!
What's your opinion about this: if the player doesn't follow the resistance guy and start advance to south (to the border line) triggered a Loose end and come the LoseOutro with execution and can experiance the hosality of soviets. Then - after retry - the player will follow the resistance. It's OK?

Other theme but it's linked for this:
The big urban combat (when terrorist fight in a big city) you said: it's terrible if the major died you must replay the whole mission. I understand you, but OFP engine generate this. Because I force save the game after the fight begining and I save again in near the half of the battle (and if you use the Load menu after the major died, you can retry not from the begining). But if you didn't use the load menu quickly after major died, End#2 triggered and the campaign structure lead to restart mission:
End1: next mission
End2 and Lose : same mission.
There is no way to use in the campaign structure a LOAD command. Or there is? Have you any idea how can I load the last saved position if major died?

This is the same problem here: if the player escape from the resistance and I triggered a loose end, he must restart the mission from the begining after the LoseOutro.

M21
If I put a binocular to the player's pocket and not he/she choose it. I'll force him/her to have a binocular. It's OK? Because I love M21 in this mission. MP5 doesn't a good weapon in LSR addon, it's weaker then original BIS's MP5.

missing addon lsr_uswp
Mk 23 SOCOM in the Borderline mission? It's interesting. These KGB guys doesn't torture too hard if I can hide a SOCOM... ;D
OK. I'll check it.
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2005, 13:06:22 by bardosy »
Fix bayonet!

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #35 on: 11 Nov 2005, 13:07:42 »
> if the player doesn't follow the resistance guy

that would work for me because the mission isn't a biggie, so easy to restart. I would

make me die in a hail of bullets (you can artificially cause that) don't do anything cheesy like just dying coz i left a zone, put some atmosphere in by killing me with lots of lead (I don't have to know, or see, where it came from)

I would, add a titletext saying 'follow us now! Americans. you are in great danger", or simply, "follow us now Americans or we will shoot you dead."

Now that, I would take notice of. That would make me hesitate. 8)

>Horvath dying.

You know the great thing about being a beta tester and not and author Bardosy? It isn't my problem, it's yours ;D ;D ;D
Just say no to bugz

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #36 on: 11 Nov 2005, 13:28:27 »
make me die in a hail of bullets

Did you check the LoseOutro? If you depbo-ed the campaign, you can watch it. It's not exactly same what you wrote. But the russians execute you...

All right, I try not use this loseoutro if player doesn't follow the resistance, and I made a cutscene like you wrote.
And thanks the titletext idea, it's great! I'll do it.

It isn't my problem, it's yours ;D ;D ;D
OK. I understand...  ;D
Fix bayonet!

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #37 on: 11 Nov 2005, 14:59:57 »
Revenge
missing addon lsr_uswp

as before. this is a handgun issue and needs to be manually inserted into the mission.sqm

intro cutscene was odd for two reasons. Helga isn't holding a phone.

Helga tells me "we must go" and promptly sits down!!!!

2nd cutscene faulty.

there are TWO soldiers in it.

the trigger to follow leader only happens after i move out of walled compound. It should be immediate.

3rd bit not good where we attack base. This new position is not indicated on map HE29?. I don't know, where I am to start.

attack part.

I took your briefing advice and attacked hard and very fast, Took out anything that moved or twitched inside the base. Shot radio guy, used radio (although it was _very_ hard to get the 'use radio' trigger for some reason)

I couldn't free and didn't see, the prisoners for a very long time, i raced all over the base and eventually found, by luck, a soldier half buried in a building. I think you have him, and one other close to front entrance tower, but he's buried. It was confusing, because the radio objective ticked, but the prisoner one didn't. Then, after finding this buried soldier, prisoners were freed. All the time of course, the re-inforcements were getting closer and we everntually had to deal with some of them.

As soon as prisoners were freed, last objective happens, but mission WILL NOT END.

We and the prisoners get to the place indicated, they stay stationary, indicating that's where you want them to be, but nothing happens.

I HATE this ending bit. It's too cheesy, too, 'convenient'. Basically just race into forest to end mission. I'd prefer a run up the mountain, or a move to town, or some much clearer, longer, race. (I hate trying to find some small, crappy trigger target in a huge forest)

The mission would not end. I'm entirely guessing that a prisoner or two remain stuck somewhere. I wouldn't know.

Although there was the sound of armour, and trucks, they made no attempt to come into the camp.

typos and things in zip

« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2005, 15:02:53 by Mikero »
Just say no to bugz

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #38 on: 11 Nov 2005, 15:26:22 »
the trigger to follow leader only happens after i move out of walled compound. It should be immediate.
It's not too easy, because the AI guy (Georg) can't exit from this garden and I must use a trick: if the player leave the garden, I setPos Georg outside the garden and then he can run...

teleport before the attack
Most of player hate the wandering on a big map. In the first part of mission the player must run a kilometer and I want frutrate tham to run an other kilometer before the fight. I titletexted the "a few minutes later" and repos the whole team to near to the base. But not too near, and player can choose good position to attack.

Prisoners free
There is a trigger in the inner part of base (front of the barracks) if there is no enemy, the prisoners are free. And they started to run to the forrest without your permission.
If a russian soldier hide somewheer in this tiny place you must find him to liberate the POWs. I don't want use a trigger to calculete if only one russian is in this place... because, this place is tiny and when I played this mission, this place are free from russians, but there are a few red soldier outside of this place and prisoners liberate and the russians kill them all.

NOt end
Not the prisoners activate the end. Your team (all of your soldiers) must be there. The prisoners doesn't care...
I don't know what could heappen. ???
I think the reinforce BMP doesn't arrived normaly, because this triggered the 'RETREAT' titletext and the objectives of retreat... and the set to true the logical variable that triggered the END. I'll check it and fix.
Fix bayonet!

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #39 on: 11 Nov 2005, 15:27:39 »
@Bardosy (and others)

PATCHED freya island can be found here (7meg)

it contains a simple anim

miraj.obj is also available on the beta hosting site here (1meg5)

and cwk's targets can also be found on the site, here (500k)

this should drastically  ;) change your file size for the next revision of this campaign as there'll be no need to include them again and again while in beta, at least.

edit:

teleport before attack

no trouble with that, i liked it. *The* trouble was where did we teleport TO !!!!

edit edit: breifing 5 and etc's attached.

'choose a vehicle'

there is only one I can choose, the hmmv

I arrived back at airport in civil truck, the cutscene showed my hmmv
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2005, 17:03:25 by Mikero »
Just say no to bugz

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #40 on: 11 Nov 2005, 17:36:33 »
Hunter

Missing addons,  rhs_weap
missing addons  rhs_rpg

wired into mission.sqm. Problem went away
Just say no to bugz

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #41 on: 11 Nov 2005, 18:04:00 »
Close Combat

(I think I got a missing rhs_weap some point in this mission, can't remember because the fighting was intense :D )
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2005, 18:06:58 by Mikero »
Just say no to bugz

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #42 on: 11 Nov 2005, 18:49:35 »
Airborne

missing addon rhs_weap

Just say no to bugz

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #43 on: 12 Nov 2005, 00:30:34 »
Red Submarines

Just say no to bugz

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #44 on: 12 Nov 2005, 00:54:03 »
Ambush

all done (some final cutscene text corrections also in this 1)

Just say no to bugz