Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Guerilla  (Read 6654 times)

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
Re: "Guerilla" - need beta testing
« Reply #15 on: 22 Aug 2006, 03:24:05 »
>Group info

might not be possible to achieve. Groups are not listed if you are IN a vehicle. Perhaps there's a script somewhere.... ?

I just like to have that info, and my guess is it's a beta testing thing only. I like to see what kind of mission you've thought up for me.

>shouldn't be too hard when you land west of the castle

it wasn't. It was hard, after some retries, to find out that fact.

Suggestion. Scrap the AA.

>I flew over

your triggers (your radio messages) were responding to the fact that I was in the 'right' area to recieve them. Unfortunately, they were irrelevant to my situation, i was in the air, not on the ground. You need to alter this traffic to after I walk over to a prisoner or two (suggestion).

For instance, being told the Russian airforce was on it's way was alarming. I hadn't even landed!

>i prefer music only in intro/outro

agreed. Me too. My comment applied becuase this mission is immersive. It's dark and lonely out there. The ambient sounds are just fine, and perhaps that's more what I  'felt'.

Just say no to bugz

Offline gambla

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 23 Aug 2006, 14:55:01 »
@all

Just uploaded the latest version, didn't change the filename.
Thank you for going through one more time...   :good:

What i've not cared for is the group information. Gonna add this information
to the briefing as text.

Beside a lot of minor changes, here are some of the big issues:

1) Objective "Clear base 1" : reduced the trigger-area to clear of enemys, so the last loons that fell into buildings don't stop it anymore.  8)

2) same issue: sentries on towers are kept from going prone now (but not the guys on roofs).

3) reworked most radio-messages, their triggers and timing

4) Objetcive "abandoned base": base 1 now needs to be cleared before player can receive this objective via radio-alpha - so player isn't confused of automatic radio messages while still fighting

5) More patrols added  :yes:

6) The russians now become mor offensive when you try to borrow one of their old choppers...   :D

7) Little changes on the briefing.

I hope i didn't forget any important things! As soon as finished, i'll upload
a version with intro...

Have fun playing!

Offline gambla

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 30 Aug 2006, 07:38:30 »
Where are you guys ?  ???   :(

Just uploaded latest version including a little intro:

http://www.gambla.de/guerilla.zip

thanks

Offline gambla

• Members
(Please Review) "Guerilla" - need beta testing
« Reply #18 on: 17 Sep 2006, 13:57:19 »

Final version: "GUERILLA"

Please download it here:

http://www.gambla.de/Guerilla-Final-170906.zip

The zip-file contains:    guerilla.cain.pbo, editorupdate102.pbo, picture, readme

REQUIRED AddOns :

editorupdate102   (05.02.04)   included !
BAS DeRa v1.55   (07.05.04)                     @ http://www.gotf.net/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=26&func=fileinfo&id=7
JAM2      (04.10.03)         @ http://www.gotf.net/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=26&func=fileinfo&id=30

Thank you!  :)

best regards,
gambla

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
Re: (Please review) >> "Guerilla" - FINAL
« Reply #19 on: 22 Sep 2006, 04:44:43 »
This one's mine. Mission under review

This mission is not ready to be published for the following reasons:

• There are abundant hunt the last loon bugs present in the first objective.
  • The briefing is not satisfactory. Most objectives do not indicate they have been achieved, or failed, and serve to confuse.
  • The radio commands to simulate what should be acheived by trigger is rudimentary and should not be present (visible) until required.
  • Hint "Objective 7 complete" and other such items have no bearing on the objectives in the briefing.
  • Despite filling and repairing a chopper, there was no indication, what do to next. (I am not 100% sure of this, I may have missed it)

There appears to be a quite pointless ammo dump parked many miles from where it's needed to kill the tanks, and the walk to the first objective is too long, too tedious, and uneventful. These two would not cause a review to be rejected, but would seriously impair the mission score.

This is a tough, difficult, and challenging mission, with good stroryline and high replay value. I have based my decision not to publish it in it's current form as the very low rating it would recieve from the problems above (with a score of  2, barely playable), does not do the mission, or the author, justice.

Edit: This mission has been reviewed and is available, with required addons, from the Missions Depot.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2009, 01:10:23 by Walter_E_Kurtz »
Just say no to bugz