Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: skyboxes?  (Read 1433 times)

Captain Radium

skyboxes?
« on: 27 Oct 2005, 17:39:59 »
Is it possible to change the sky in OFP? It seems that the sky is always has the same cloud pattern which varies only by obscurity with bad weather. Is it possible to change this to a stunning clear blue, add vapor trails, put in real stars?

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
Re:skyboxes?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2005, 18:13:29 »
It doesn't look boring for me. The clouds are always moving and resizing over time, as long as the the mission maker selects a forecast.
Also the original sky comes with real stars. At least one mission of the CWC campaign is suggestive of that - the player has to use the stars for navigation.

Kegetys and Llaumaxx already created sky replacements.
Kegetys looks a bit pictorial, while Llaumaxx looks more clear.
IIRC disadventages of the Llaumaxx sky pack are sudden changes for weather and dawn, and more visible but unrealistic stars.

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
« Reply #2 on: 28 Oct 2005, 18:58:12 »
Llaumaxx's pack is very impressive, but if you aren't running a really good machine, I would suggest Keg's Hisky. It does look very nice.

If you want to try something else, you could keep the default sky and use some of the 3D clouds that are around. ;)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 06 Nov 2005, 19:38:25 »
i think Llaumaxx sky pack isnt that good since the bad weather effects are just totally wrong it just looks like big blue lines not rain i havent tried Kegetys though i thnk i might

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2005, 06:53:14 »
Also the original sky comes with real stars. At least one mission of the CWC campaign is suggestive of that - the player has to use the stars for navigation.

Funny thing is, the first time I completed that mission I ended up hijacking the hind that they fly you in on, probably the fastest mission duration time I ever got...  :P