Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Flashing lights.  (Read 1537 times)

Abe

Flashing lights.
« on: 26 Sep 2005, 22:15:36 »
Is it possible to make streetlights, or any light, flash.

I'm making an infiltration mission where detection sounds an alarm (which I've done) but is it possible to have lights within the base flash (I've got a set of coloured street-lights).

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
Re:Flashing lights.
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2005, 23:17:05 »
Code: [Select]
;In a script
#Flicker
(object XXXX) switchLight "OFF"
~1
(object XXXX) switchLight "ON"
~1
goto "Flicker"
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2005, 09:49:33 »
Yep what Tyger said. A fast loop (or however fast you want it) which turns the lights on and off. Very simple to do and would have the desired effect.

I did this in my Deep Water mission. I simulated a power station going down and had the lights flicker before they went off. Simple and looks good if I may say so.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #3 on: 27 Sep 2005, 17:28:45 »
Are you making a disco mission?

Is it possible to make streetlights, or any light, flash.

I'm making an infiltration mission where detection sounds an alarm (which I've done) but is it possible to have lights within the base flash (I've got a set of coloured street-lights).
urp!

Abe

« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2005, 15:53:49 »
Are you making a disco mission?

No.  I'm trying to make a mission where a small team of Spec-Ops have to infiltrate an enemy base, destroy a couple of targets and assasinate a general, then exfiltrate.
I've set a trigger so detection of the Spec-Ops means a QRF arrives on choppers and BMP's and over-runs the base.  Also, a klaxton alarm sounds...but I thought flashing "security lights" in some buildings would be an interesting effect.
No disco.

Thanx for the help guys.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2005, 18:35:20 »
a disco mission now thats a mission you dont see everyday some ones got to make one of them
also it sounds like you have solved your prob so click the solve button lower left corner of your thread

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #6 on: 30 Sep 2005, 01:00:48 »
Hey mate, if you've got your answer you needed, you wouldn't mind hitting the solve button, would you?  ;D
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Abe

« Reply #7 on: 30 Sep 2005, 18:24:52 »
Ooh...I didn't notice there was a solve button.  Oops  :(