Author Topic: fire  (Read 628 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
fire
« on: 18 Jul 2005, 17:17:40 »
okay you have the command to fire as in
unit fire ["GrenadesMuzzle","GrenadeLauncher","GrenadeLauncher"]
not as in dofire

but with this ive tried using dotarget and then this command but instead of firing at the target i told them to they just aim randomly up and launch a grenade as far as they can.
but i want them to hit a specific position i dont what it to be really acurate just close because in real life your ot going to hit the target 100%

so how i can make the unit actually hit the target ?
also could i make it work with onmapsingleclick so they target a possible marker ? where you clicked on the map then fire ?

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Re:fire
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2005, 18:20:27 »
hey well thats what i got the idea from really well i thought of it before just never tyhought of asking before GB's script but they both require addons im looking for addon free wich i forgotr to mention ill have a look at them and maybe i could create a soldier and place him underground so he cant be seen is that a good idea ?

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2005, 19:43:56 »
I don't think you can create soldiers underground, they will pop up on the surface.
Yeah OK,  with a setpos loop script it will work, but the last thing we need is a superfast setpos script no?

Actually, i won't care to dl a tiny addon like invisible targets, they are very usefull, just like the editorupgrade102 a must-have is for missionmakers.
« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2005, 19:44:43 by Blanco »
Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 18 Jul 2005, 20:11:23 »
well the idea is for the campaign and i would love it to be addon free so this might be a bit tricky no matter what idea i try i always need an addon shame
is there any kind of list of what units can shoot at cause if so i supose i could just change the script so instead of creating the invisible addon create say a gamelogic but im pretty sure they cant be targetted nor shot at
so does anyone know of something that could be used instead of the invisible addon ? id ont mind of it can be seen aslong as its not a massith tank target or anything too noticable

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2005, 20:53:25 »
An invisible helipad?

Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2005, 21:16:47 »
or how about a cheeky wee loon sitting in the bushes, reading oor wullie?

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 18 Jul 2005, 22:01:52 »
i suppose the loon wouldnt be too bad use the nearest object to find a bush setpos him there and setunitpos down would work
invisible helipads cant be fired at ive tried many times before you can target them though i think