Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: WW2 FIAT Plane........  (Read 1459 times)

modderman

WW2 FIAT Plane........
« on: 08 Jun 2005, 05:38:42 »
This is a WW2 Biplane used by Italy and Mexico, i believe....

Check it out, have some fun with it....
give me some feed back......

I'll post a screenshot later....

modderman

Screen Shot
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jun 2005, 05:39:43 »
Not much good at making a preview picture, but here you are anyways....

At.St_Walker

Re:WW2 FIAT Plane........
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jul 2005, 18:10:56 »
downloading.... :)

finnally ingame an italian plane :) [yes i'm italian ! :D ]

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jul 2005, 18:56:24 »
Well, all I can say is when its done this will be a cool plane to have. However right now. Um, it has a few troubles that need patching up.

1.) needs a retexture IMO, its fuzzy on some parts and the cockpit is devoid of stuff on the floor
2.) I'm able to shoot through everything on the aircraft except the main fuelselodge so its very hard to destroy
3.) nice with the 2 MGs on the nose, but they have that generic BIS .50 cal sound

But flying it is fun once you get it off the ground and get some speed. I had an okay dogfight with another plane (same one) and had fun. Its hard to hit each other with those guns and plus parts of our planes were shoot through. :P ;D

I'm not sure on the history of this plane, but it'd be cool to have bombs (250lb?) on the wings or one below the main body for more flexability. Also some cannons mounted on the wings or something would be cool, if it had it in real life...

Good start though. ;)

Edit: Bah, why do I forget important things...
The propeller never completes a full spin. It goes 180 degrees one way then spins 180 the other and looks like its stuck with an elastic band rather than an engine.
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2005, 18:58:10 by GuiltyRoachKillar »

Offline Max_Power

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2005, 11:45:45 »
The CR42 was the f-22 of biplanes.  It was a rival to the early monoplanes.  It was indeed able to carry bombs (200kg's worth, one 100kg bomb on either of its sesquiplane lower wings), and it's main armament was a pair of .50 calibre machineguns (well, 12.7 mm SAFAT machineguns).
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2005, 11:46:50 by Max_Power »

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2005, 14:21:15 »
Finally, someone who knows stuff... ;)
Yea, a bomb laden version and one without would be cool. And maybe I was wrong on the .50 BIS sound for the guns, but still it'd be good if you found or made your own sound for the gun.